Heart rate monitor utility?

polarq

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys,

I use a chest strap while running, and recently wanted to read my heart rate also while working on PC (linux mint).

Do you know of any utility which can read BLE chest strap's heart rate, and show it onscreen? I found one command line option from 2017 ( https://nob.ro/post/polar_h10_ubuntu/ ) but considering wide availability of chest straps and libraries for BLE, I wonder if there's already some GUI software?

Thanks,
Vladimir

Is there anything to be gained by asking the manufacturer/distributor ?

Condobloke
regarding the manufacture, it seems the manufacture is more interested in tracking my location, handing away my personal information, etc.
i just am interested in my resting heart rate, my heart rate during exercise, and monitoring my heart rate while at rest, and using heart rate to exercise at a certain rate or intensity.
if i could see my heart rate while i am am siting at my laptop; that would be a helpful beginning.
thank for the reply!
platol82

making some progress with my polar hear rate monitor! it seems to me that bluetooth & ble ...bluetooth low energy are actually two different animals. on my moto phone i installed an apt that pairs with my polar 9! ...without have to give up all my personnel data. i can see my present heart rate continuously in a simple digital number....also a continuous graph is available.
still have not been able to find software to view my heart rate on my laptop. presently looking to find a ble software to download....as well as trying find a solution from the command line.

platol82
Linux
MX Linux
compacq 9810p

I'll bet finding that made your heart rate increase !

I would imagine something like this would be good...

bob466

yes there are watches that sync with h9! however, i was hoping for a heart rate band, with a read out screen. if a company manufactured such a product that would just deal with heart rate i think it would sell! .... i do not want a watch...i don't care so much about knowing the time of day! maybe a stop watch with a heart rate read out! A heart rate band & stop watch would be lovely!

moreover I am still hoping to be able to read my resting heart rate from my laptop via software apt or directly to the command line! ble bluetooth low energy apt or ble command line solution!

thanks
platol82

Members online