HDMI output on Hp Pavilion Power 15

Franckd13

Hello
I need to install linux on my pc (for school) and i tried to install multiple distro but everytimes i couldn't use my HDMI port.
I tried with Ubuntu (18 and 19), Linux Mint, Kubuntu and Manjaro.
I really need help to solve this problem right now i have Manjaro xfce who is install.
I think it's due to the HDMI port who must be connected to my graphics card but i'm not an pro

My Pc : hp pavilion power laptop 15-cb0xx
I7 770 HQ with Intel HD graphics 630
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Condobloke

G'day Franck, and Welcome to linux.org

The other post will be taken care of by a seriously nice moderator, @wizardfromoz Have no fear, he will cast a spell on it and it will go poof !

atanere

Is your problem with video? Sound? Or both?

Did you go into Sound settings to switch devices? And Monitor settings to switch from laptop screen to your new HDMI device?

atanere

I found this website that looks like it is probably your computer. It is their photo shown below. From the photo, it looks like you may have a "hardware toggle" for your video with the F4 key. If this is true, you first need your HDMI monitor plugged in, then hit the Fn + F4 keys to "toggle" between your HDMI and your laptop screen.

HP.jpg

Franckd13

OH THANKS I LOVE YOU IT WORKED
I don't know why they made this it's so stupid but thanks a lot i found this "trick" nowhere.
(and yes it's exactly my pc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online