Having problems keeping time...

cfaulk460

Reaction score
Credits
Hi. I am running a dual boot laptop (HP Elitebook 2560P, with Ubuntu and Windows 10), and I'm having trouble keeping the clocks on the machine consistent between the two installed OS. The BIOS in my machine is set to UTC.

I have both OS set up to set the time automatically, and both are setup to compensate for British Summer Time (UTC+1). The time in my Ubuntu setup doesn't follow this and always sets itself to whatever the BIOS is set to. Windows 10 always changes itself to the correct time.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to make sure the times are synchronised across the installed systems please? Because I have short term memory problems, it gets difficult if I look at one time and it says one thing, and then when I do something else, it's different. I've literally missed appointments because of it!

I have got previous linux experience (Mandriva, Mint, DSL, etc), but it's been a few years and I only started with this a month or two back, so I am in need of a refresher on how to fix stuff :) Any help you can give would be warmly appreciated! Thank you.

Try installing chrony on your systems and configure them to use the same timeservers.
Code:
chrony - Versatile implementation of the Network Time Protocol

That's definitely worth a look into. I'm in Windows atm, but I need to swap over later to do some work with adb on my testbed phone. I'll install this then and give it a whizz. Cheers :)

Members online

Latest posts