Have you ever had your pc on "fire" ?

L

ljepilo

Guest
Has it ever happened to you that your pc went on "fire" ??? It happened to me once ,6 years ago. It was summer and +40 outside.The fan on my pc's processor was full of dust and I haven't cleaned for months.Guess what happened ?
My pc literally went on fire ! And I had to use fire extinguisher to damp down a fire... I will never forget it :(...

Has anything similar happened to you ?
 


D

dale

Guest
Very scary... Hope everyone was all right and not too much was lost?
 
G

grim76

Guest
I have never had one catch fire. We had one that smoked, but no fire.


We did set a server on fire on purpose once. After a migration one of the particularly difficult hosts was taken out and burned by the migration team.
 
M

Maye

Guest
No fire , accidentally, way back 2007 when I was doing my project online, I carelessly drop off my glass full of tea at my cpu and I instantly saw my cpu sparked. Unfortunately, my pc didn't survived. I have to wait for couple of months to have my pc replaced.
 
L

ljepilo

Guest
No fire , accidentally, way back 2007 when I was doing my project online, I carelessly drop off my glass full of tea at my cpu and I instantly saw my cpu sparked. Unfortunately, my pc didn't survived. I have to wait for couple of months to have my pc replaced.
I'm really sorry to hear that buddy,well at least we're on the same side :D...
 
P

psufootball

Guest
I had a desktop that wasn't cleaned and very dusty get really hot and this smell like burnt rubber came from it and you could smell it throughout the house. Shut it down immediately. But nothing actually burned.
 
D

dale

Guest
Should really clean the dust immediately (and frequently afterwards). Dust increases the chance of short circuiting, which increases the chance of electrical fire.
 
G

GGGuardian

Guest
My computer one time set fire after not cleaning out the fans also for a entire year. My computer attracts a lot of dust and it literally made my computer over heat and catch fire.
 
L

ljepilo

Guest
I had a desktop that wasn't cleaned and very dusty get really hot and this smell like burnt rubber came from it and you could smell it throughout the house. Shut it down immediately. But nothing actually burned.
I have learned my lesson , now I'm cleaning my pc almost every 3/4 weeks ... I don't want the same thing to happen ever again...
 
L

ljepilo

Guest
My computer one time set fire after not cleaning out the fans also for a entire year. My computer attracts a lot of dust and it literally made my computer over heat and catch fire.
If you don't clean your pc on time,or if you are lazy to do that,at least put more fans into the housing,in that way ,you can at least prevent the overheating :)...
 
M

mudrock

Guest
I would knock on wood hoping to never have this kind of problem. I normally adjust my fan if my computer starts heating up extremely hot. I also will close out programs that are hogging my memory. I also check the battery occasionally to make sure there is no issues their.
 
L

linbgs

Guest
Whew thats just crazy.
I don't know what I would even do if something like that happened.
I'd probably jump back in shock at first and then grab the extinguisher.
 
F

forestplay

Guest
Not the entire PC but I once saw a chip explode into a flame when it was short circuited. It literally looked like a match being lit. It was on a HD installing into a new system. Except for the money lost having to buy a new drive and the loss of my pride at having made the stupid mistake, not much was lost.

-Bob
 
L

ljepilo

Guest
Not the entire PC but I once saw a chip explode into a flame when it was short circuited. It literally looked like a match being lit. It was on a HD installing into a new system. Except for the money lost having to buy a new drive and the loss of my pride at having made the stupid mistake, not much was lost.

-Bob
That sounds really bad :O...
 
M

mudrock

Guest
Not the entire PC but I once saw a chip explode into a flame when it was short circuited. It literally looked like a match being lit. It was on a HD installing into a new system. Except for the money lost having to buy a new drive and the loss of my pride at having made the stupid mistake, not much was lost.

-Bob
that is truly a misfortune. How did you put the flame out or did the flame just go out by itself?
 
F

forestplay

Guest
that is truly a misfortune. How did you put the flame out or did the flame just go out by itself?
It went out by itself in a second or two. Pretty disappointing to buy another drive.

-Bob
 


Members online


Latest posts

Top