Have vivid colors in videos - how?

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
Years ago when I was still actively using Windows, I remember I've seen a certain option not only in the videocard control panel (AMD, nVidia) to make the colors more vivid but I've also seen that option in some media players such as GOM Player and POT Player. I wanna have the same in linux with SMPlayer/mpv. The problem is that I can't find any option for that in either SMP or the video card control panel in linux.

Any ideas how can I achieve the same color enhancement in linux?

What I'm talking about is best described with the following comparative screenshot. The frame on the left is standard - without color enhancements. The frame on the right is vivid - using the mentioned color option that was available in Windows.

6pamzpD.png

Years ago when I was still actively using Windows, I remember I've seen a certain option not only in the videocard control panel (AMD, nVidia) to make the colors more vivid but I've also seen that option in some media players such as GOM Player and POT Player. I wanna have the same in linux with SMPlayer/mpv. The problem is that I can't find any option for that in either SMP or the video card control panel in linux.
Well, as sad as it may sound, Windows does provide those options OOTB once you install the proprietary drivers, since Linux don't use those but open source's, they're not. However, you can try and install the proprietary drivers for your GPU in Linux, so research about that and once you're done researching and understand what you need to do, install the drivers. In your signature says you're using Arch, it also says that the GPU is Nvidia, so assuming that's correct, then you need to read here https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA

Hope this helps! :)

I already have the propr. nvidia driver but there's no coloring option in it, so I was hoping there might be a workaround for the colors - that's why I'm asking.

No idea but where under Windows in the Nvidia settings do you have the the "Vidid" setting as an option. Can you share a screenshot where you see it in Windows?

Last edited:

Members online