Has anyone ever used Razer mice in Linux?

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
Has anyone ever used Razer mice in Linux and how do they behave? I'm asking because this one caught my attention: https://ardes.bg/product/razer-viper-8khz-cheren-rz01-03580100-r3m1-207232 - it has the DPI some of the games I play require for smoother gameplay and it's even lighter in weight than my current mouse which is a very important thing to me.
So far I've tried several "gaming" mice, including Logitech and Hama but none of them behave properly in Linux - they either stay at the center of the screen, not detecting that the OS is running, or just teleport from one point on the screen to another. Only the cheap A4Tech OP-620D behaves properly in linux but its DPI is too low for World of Tanks and sometimes (not always but someties) aiming is a challenge with this mouse.

I'm using an Razer DeathAdder V2 works fine on Linux, I'm using openrazer and polychromatic. Here is a list of supported devices, looks like "Razer Viper 8KHz" is also supported. Also be sure to buy a cloth mouse mat with an optical mouse, I didn't have one before and after I bought one the mouse experience was a whole lot better.

Staff online

Members online