Happy Thanksgiving

• Thread starter Deleted member 137406
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 137406

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on Linux.org forum.
1669260601932.png

We celebrated early, but I'll still be cooking tomorrow.

We're going to the daughter's house as we've decided we're to damn old to be doing all of the cooking and then clean up afterwords.

It's their turn to carry on family tradition of family get togethers nowadays if they want them and I'll pay for everything.

we've decided we're to damn old to be doing all of the cooking and then clean up afterwords.
Thats one of the nice thing about gettin old. LOL
Happy thanksgiving may yall have a blessed day !!

Alice's Restaurant movie

Not keen on the film, a little too contrite for me, but the original 18 1/2 min single still gets played

I enjoy both the movie and the song. There's a radio station that plays the song every year, but it's more convenient if you just stream it.

He started jumpin' up and down with me, and we was both jumping up and down
Yelling, "KILL! KILL!" And the Sargent came over, pinned a medal on me,
Sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy.

LOL I have a copy on DVD. I've bought a few of 'em, 'cause I have given away my copy multiple times. You even get to see Seeger in it. He's one of my favorite folk singers.

Happy thanksgiving to all the American members here!

arg please kill me. Ate way too much, didn't even save room for the pies that I made.
Double layer pumpkin cheese and pecan pies.
We were supposed to of had several more people, but they no-showed, so I have a ton of food in the frig.

We celebrated last Sunday, for logistics reasons. Today, I did a venison roast. We still had some sides remaining in the fridge (we had turkey soup with rice and left-over sandwiches). The pie is pretty much officially gone, thankfully.

There's still one whole pie remaining and that should be eaten soon, rather than going to waste.

I have no idea how we're not fat. Well, I suppose it's due to the exercise, but still... I'm like 175 pounds and the missus might weigh 105. Yet, we've eaten all the calories. All of them.

I'm glad today is over.
I'm stuffed.
I'm beat.
I'm just to damn old for holidays.
Holidays wear me out.

We had a little bit of this.
We had a little bit of that.
We had everything else.
I'm not eating anything tomorrow.
I've never seen so much food.

I'm glad to be back home.

Members online