gtk3 themes broken

johnny2020

Reaction score
Credits
hi im running fedora 33 i just upgraded from 32. dont know the reason but for some reason my gtk3 themes almost all 75 of them are broken. the close maximize and minimize buttons have been replaced with square boxes. i happens on every desktop i use gnome, deepin, etc.

any suggestions would be much appreciated
themes.png
thanks

Broken? Or just different?!

Gnome are always messing with their users and making unwelcome changes to things.
Maybe this is just the way those themes are in the latest version?!

well i switched users and the themes went back to normal, so i don't think that is the case. i hope i can get this fixed i would hate to setup a new user account.:mad:

thanks for the input though.

Last edited:
well i switched users and the themes went back to normal, so i don't think that is the case. i hope i can get this fixed i would hate to setup a new user account.:mad:

thanks for the input though.
Hmmm...... In that case, it sounds like it might be something that's gone screwy with your settings/preferences?
So perhaps try resetting all of your preferences to the defaults? Other than that, I'm really not sure what to suggest!

It appears to me that a macOS-like theme is somehow overlaying the default buttons with its own buttons, since some of the themes have their correct buttons partially showing.

If you're up to poking around in various files and folders to see if you can find anything out, the folder ~/.themes, as well as the files ~/.gtkrc-2.0, ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini and maybe even ~/.config/gtk-3.0/colors.css would be a good place to start.

Disclaimer: I am not a GTK geek (I use Plasma and program with Qt), so I don't really know much about what I'm doing. :)

Gday @johnny2020 and welcome to linux.org :)

Can you give us the output of

Code:
dnf history userinstalled

if it is not private?

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Got to this late in my evening (Oz), gotta go, but thanks for the output.

Back on deck over the weekend,

Cheers

Wizard

...it happens on every desktop i use gnome, deepin, etc.

Johnny

1. Are those DEs (desktop environments) all being used on the one install of Fedora, or do you have multiple installs?

2. Do you have Timeshift installed?

Cheers

Wizard.

They are being used on a single install.

no timeshift is not installed.

im currently using deepin desktop..........works fine, just have the gtk 3 theme problem

Members online