Grub Rescue

Nhacretcheu

Reaction score
Credits
I did "dual boot" with the "Windows 7" and "Ubuntu Linux" systems and then my family member entered Windows 7 and deleted the partition on the disk where Windows 7 was installed ..... then yesterday I turned on the PC and appeared

"No such partition
Grub Rescue> "

I investigated in several videos how to solve the problem and did not give a solution
. I ask for help.

Attachments

• 16053756357731171590984.jpg
    16053756357731171590984.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 462

Have you looked here:

I looked the link over and it looks right to me. That should resolve your issue, though I am unclear about what was deleted. AFAIK, you shouldn't be able to delete the Windows partition while you're using that partition. If you can, that's rather absurd - even by Microsoft standards.

well grub rescue > is not as good as grub >

but can you expand a little you installed Linux onto the PC yesterday ? then somebody booted int o Windows ? yes

They can't just delete a whole partitiion like that proably lInux is still there and a Windows atu update affected it. Whats needed unless anybosy is psychic on here is to use something like gParted and do a screen shot so we can see what you have. So you have some sort of install medium ? hand on another post

ok you can read what KBIII just posted. but it would be nice if you boot from the linux install media as "try" not install. i.e a live OS look for gPArted in menu !

Have you looked here:

I looked the link over and it looks right to me. That should resolve your issue, though I am unclear about what was deleted. AFAIK, you shouldn't be able to delete the Windows partition while you're using that partition. If you can, that's rather absurd - even by Microsoft standards.
it didn't work because i have the partitions deleted and the link you gave me talks about, how to fix the grub rescue error having the partitions up to date.

G'day @Nhacretcheu and welcome to linux.org :)

1. Are you able to boot into Windows from your BIOS Setup Utility (something like F2, F12 or other)?

2. If so, and if the Ubuntu has not been on the computer for long, then you are better to perform a clean install of Ubuntu alongside Windows and that should restore functionality and a working Grub Menu.

3. With the method my friend @KGIII linked to, what was the output for

Code:
fdisk -l
?

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Looks like you installed Grub in Windows 7, therefore you can not do anything now. Next time try to install Grub in Linux, then you can also boot Windows 7 and Linux. I do not see how to restore partition in this case, because then you need be prepared with various soft before via USB flash.

Members online