Mounimeb0192

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, i have Kali Linux Latest Version, i have used it for three months, and now i want install windows 10 on my second Hard Drive, i have created bootable usb, but when i want boot the usb it show me grub rescue, i need help.

so you changed something about the size of partitions . shrunk the kali and made room for Windows ? or something similar ?but me thinks why would you do that if you have a spare drive ..to do with order of hd that boots maybe ?

Last edited:
it would have been better to install Linux after Windows 10, not the other way around . which grub is showing , to me they are both rescue of sorts :

grub >

or the fully monty , things really screwed :

grub rescue >

Last edited:
1) How did you create a bootable USB?
2) I would begin by disconnecting Drive 1 with Kali Linux on it and install Windows to Drive 2 only.

yes your right i was thinking about dual boot, windows on one drive can't mess up Linux on another .

1) How did you create a bootable USB?
2) I would begin by disconnecting Drive 1 with Kali Linux on it and install Windows to Drive 2 only.
I have formated the usb into ntfs filesystem on gparted and added boot flag to usb, then i have mounted the iso file, and copy the iso content to usb.

so you changed something about the size of partitions . shrunk the kali and made room for Windows ? or something similar ?but me thinks why would you do that if you have a spare drive ..to do with order of hd that boots maybe ?
i have already kali linux, and i have choosed the entire usb space

@CptCharis did post a video of approach you can try :

i've been playing with grub and found this handy : https://sourceforge.net/projects/su...1/super_grub2_disk_hybrid_2.04s1.iso/download

it even found elilo.efi on my slackware and could boot it up.
i want boot installation iso not the entire system

Members online