grub keeps loading when my machine isnt connected to my monitor

That looks pretty normal so seems is it's a grub thing(or something else) but same as you I can't find anything about it, the other thing you could try is to install another bootloader. Either Refind or Systemd-boot, but I think those require your system to be efi boot. Do you know if your system is bios boot or efi boot?

It may also be worth a try change the following setting to 0.
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
Then update grub: grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and then reboot without monitor and see what happens.

┌[parrot-hp]─[02:43-22/06]─[/home/parrot]
└╼root$efibootmgr
EFI variables are not supported on this system.

i suppose it doesnt support efi and that timeout it didnt worked but thanks for you effort

Last edited:

Thanks all for your support I really appreciate you putted sometime to fix my problem
As we coundn't figure out what was causing the problem so I made a solution:

I bought a small hdmi to vga dongle and inserted in the hdmi port of the machine and tricked the machine to think that I have a monitor connected and surprisingly that worked.

So I have a windows laptop and this linux machine I am not a fan of a vm and my laptop isnt that highend So i had this idea i'll set this linux machine as a Headless machine and do vnc to it when i need the linux. I just use linux for ctfs thats why i am trying to stick with pentest distro
Again to run a VNC you should use a server edition - Digital Ocean has a good guide on how to do this

If you want to use it just for CTFs then I would probably stay away from Kali or Parrot and stick with a traditional Linux and install the required software for your CTF - you will learn a lot more that way and besides you will be doing a lot more then autopwing

Again to run a VNC you should use a server edition - Digital Ocean has a good guide on how to do this

If you want to use it just for CTFs then I would probably stay away from Kali or Parrot and stick with a traditional Linux and install the required software for your CTF - you will learn a lot more that way and besides you will be doing a lot more then autopwing

I see you got a very good point and I agree with you. As I newly installed parrot today I'll try this for months or so then switch to another server based distro please recommend one as you know my conditions

Thats a good guide you recommended I was using realvnc because it was install and go but now I'll give tightvnc a shot

I see you got a very good point and I agree with you. As I newly installed parrot today I'll try this for months or so then switch to another server based distro please recommend one as you know my conditions

Thats a good guide you recommended I was using realvnc because it was install and go but now I'll give tightvnc a shot
I would recommend Debian Stable or Debian Testing, because both Kali and ParrotOS are based on Debian Testing.

I would agree with f33dm3bits on Debian and I would add Ubuntu Server as well

Staff online

Members online