Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Greetings ! :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by DaReaper, Jan 15, 2012.

1. DaReaper

DaReaper Guest

Hello Everyone!

As a new member of this forum, i'd like to introduce myself before i make posts in other boards :D.

My name is Brijan , living in India for now but i've traveled from Bahrain. I usually don't join a lot of message boards unless i find it useful. Linuxforum.com looks like a great place to have a good and crispy discussion going on.

I'm glad to be a part of the gathering over here and i'm here to express my ideas about Linux as an operating system.

I've used a couple of different linux platforms - Ubuntu, Debain -(Maemo ,Meego developers edition -on my Nokia N900), CentOS 5.6 on my server.

Anything more any of you would like to know about me? Please do ask :)

Peace out !

2. thelowbudget

thelowbudget Guest

Cool you sound very advanced I should encounter you with some future problems. Welcome to the forums.

3. DaReaper

DaReaper Guest

Thank you for the warm welcome thelowbudget :).

I am not an Advanced member of linux, i just own a couple of devices that run Linux like the Nokia N900. It's a really great device that runs on Debian linux.

I'm here to learn a lot from Linux and also to get help on managing my server :)

4. thelowbudget

thelowbudget Guest

I know not much of a linux server. But I plan to learn some more about lLinux and the applications.

5. thelowbudget

thelowbudget Guest

You probably know more about linux then I do anyway man after all I've used it for about a week if you have a android with it you have used it for months or more. I need to gain a little more experience and I might be able to help you. You say you are running a server, is a desktop that is modified or is it an actual commercial type of server?

6. DaReaper

DaReaper Guest

I pretty much know the basics of operating the system, i have friends working along with me for managing the webserver. It's not a personal server or desktop. We purchased one online which is hosted away from my home country. I use it for personal as well as for gaming needs.

7. Melissa

Melissa Guest

Hello fellow newbie and welcome to the forum!!

8. ljepilo

ljepilo Guest

Check out one of my posts, I posted a link on linux tutorials... Its pretty useful !:)

On topic : Welcome to the forums !:)