Greetings Fellow Linux Enthusiasts!

Hammer7

Reaction score
Credits
Hello! Glad to be here.
I just figured out about this site today and it looks pretty cool.
Anyway I'm probably supposed to introduce myself ;)

I started using Linux in December after hearing about it from some friends.
I never really liked Windows that much with the constant updates, and I didn't actually know there were good alternatives.
Anyway, I dual-boot pop os now and its pretty cool.

G'day @Hammer7 and welcome to linux.org :)

Glad you are enjoying your journey on the Linux highway so far.

Send us some postcards to share, but keep your eyes on the road when you are driving. ;)

Cheers and

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day @Hammer7 and welcome to linux.org :)

Glad you are enjoying your journey on the Linux highway so far.

Send us some postcards to share, but keep your eyes on the road when you are driving. ;)

Cheers and

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Haha, I'll try!
Say, is there any where else the linux community lurks?
like real time chats?

Welcome. Along the way of computers since the 90's I have played in the Linux world, ran into casual users and full blown Linux "Nuts" ;) Kinda became one.

Had a friend who used, but he started his journey with Unix databases in the Army.

Played Doom3D on a PC, now a phone has more processing power and memory. Tablets, and smart phones, who buys software anymore but Companies? Can do pretty much all you need with Linux. Hopefully soon a good reliable Linux Phone will be on the market. Cause Android, Apple and Google intrude too much.

Say, is there any where else the linux community lurks?
like real time chats?

I am not aware of any but I have never gone searching for one.

You could post a Thread titled

Linux Chat Rooms?

in General and see if our Members can help or else Google

linux chat room

and see what you find?

Wizard

I've thought about tossing a chat room up on my L-T site, but I have no time (nor interest) in moderating such a venture, so I've not really put any effort into finding solutions.

Oh yeah... I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

I did end up finding a suitable chat script. It's where one would probably expect it to be - https://chat.linuxtips.gq/ and isn't too hard to figure out.

I just really don't want to be obligated to moderate it. I also haven't done anything with the CSS. And, again, I really don't want to have to moderate a chat site.

@Hammer7
G'day and welcome to cruising down Linux road, when you hit a bump or two and things go awry there is always a fellow cruiser willing to lend a helping hand to set you aright again. :);):cool:

Members online