Greetings and Salutations!

Jared Mohammed

Reaction score
Credits
Hey everyone! After lurking in this forum for a while (I found it while searching for Linux forums), I have decided that to finally register here. I have a brief summary about my time on Linux. At first, I started using it via a virtual machine around April of 2019 (and around the same time I built my first desktop), where I installed Arch and Gentoo. This was before I knew of display servers, so you could have guessed how that went. Eventually, I settled on Debian due to its more simplistic installer. I decided on December of 2019, that it was time to install it on bare metal, first with PopOS on another machine where I experienced no issues then with Debian on my main machine. However there was some problems and eventually I distrohopped until finally settling with Manjaro. I do plan on switching to Arch when I have some free time available from my current studies. On my other computer, I went from Mint to Ubuntu to Fedora to OpenSUSE.

While my knowledge of Linux is greater than it was a few years ago, I am still hoping to learn more about the operating system and the various software surrounding it. In addition, I would hope to assist others in resolving or troubleshooting problems they might have.

Thank you all for taking your time to read my magnum opus. ;)

Welcome to the forums
the more, the merrier, spot something you can assist with, then jump right in

bwiz

Hello @Jared Mohammed,
Welcome to the Linux.org Forums. Sounds like you will learn quickly and be a real asset to others seeking help. Good to have you hear. Enjoy! :)

Welcome!
Are you two the same person:
Both named Jared,from "Trinidad and Tobago" and both same style of profile pictures(and if I remember correctly @Jared. used to have that same profile picture as you have now) or is that just a major coincidence?

Last edited:
I am still hoping to learn more about the operating system and the various software surrounding it.

I've been using Linux for quite a while, about 15 years. I've even been recognized by my peers for my contributions. For example, I've been able to do things like get this forum recognized as an official support channel for Lubuntu (and, by extension, Ubuntu). I have my own @ubuntu.com and lubuntu.me email addresses as recognition for my contributions.

In other words, some folks think I'm pretty darned adept with Linux.

I'm still learning stuff. I learn new things about Linux pretty much every day.

I think of it as a journey and not a destination.

As near as I can tell, there's more that I don't know than there is that I do know. I like that. I like that there's always more to understand. I like that there's no point where I'll get to say, "I'm done. I finished it."

Hey KG...the Vikings used to not worry about the young warrior in the coming battle, they always, though, tried to stay away from the old guy with the grey hair. He was the one who had lived that long, stay away from him.

Reynald de Chatillon the Prince of Antioch (Kerek) a Prince at 28, lived to 68 during the Crusades, was the reason Saladin gave for the Jihad against the Christians. 1 man. Great book "God's Wolf" Even in his 60's, he was a Knight who led and fought. He always learned, always was thinking, always even at 28 a great tactician.

New things keep your brain working, never stop thinking always learn. Being a curious skeptic keeps me seeking.

Members online