Graphically determine your hardware.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Today's article, the 2nd at the new domain, has you using HardInfo to graphically see what hardware you're working with. It's old but still works just fine. There's even a 'bonus' way with CPU-X.

As always, feedback is awesome.

Been a while since I've used hardinfo.

I like i-nex aso. Here are a few screen shots.

1619029429887.png

1619029465551.png

1619029525297.png

Interesting read to learn about some graphical tools I didn't know that existed. I have never used any of those since I have always used the command-line tools to look up hardware information which I will keep doing anyways

I like i-nex aso.

While doing some research for the article, I bumped into that - I'd never heard of it before and wanted to cover CPU-X. Until a couple of days ago, I didn't even know it existed.

Interesting read to learn about some graphical tools I didn't know that existed.

I too tend to use the CLI methods, but a GUI can be nice - and I kinda like the benchmarks to see how well the computer is likely to perform. On a typical day, I'm far more likely to just use `inxi` in the terminal, or maybe lshw/lscpu/lspci etc...

The new site seems to be relatively bug-free. There are some CSS issues in obscure browsers, but the functionality is there. It has been set up from the start to get indexed properly. Transferring the old content to the new domain is gonna be laborious, but I can use it as an excuse to touch some of them up - especially the early ones.

I even made it secure, so that I can use 2FA for any accounts that have any real privileges.

But, the biggest benefit is that the email appears to make it into inboxes. The email service providers despise the .gq (and other free ccTLDs) with a passion. So, signing up and newsletters will actually work like they should!

Man, it's gonna be a pain to transfer the content. I need a secretary!

Staff online

Latest posts