Graphic Card for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS...

nos

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, currently I have this monitor: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/02e9c18

And also this graphics card: ATI Radeon HD6850

When I was using Windows 8.1 I had a resolution of 2560x1080 and had no problems. Now I have moved to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS but I can't set that resolution, I have tried everything and nothing, the maximum I can set is 1920x1080.

I have been looking at not very expensive graphic cards and I have seen these 2, I don't know which one will be more recommendable:
  • ASUS GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5
  • ASUS RX550 4G EVO

If there is any better option, can you recommend me. I don't want to spend too much since I won't use it for gaming. What I want is to be able to take full advantage of the monitor and not have problems in the future with the resolution.

Thanks.

Last edited:

open Software&Updates then click on the Additional Drivers tab it will search for any drivers you may need, if it finds any install them then reboot - you can also open the Ubuntu Software Center and search for "fglrx" package and install that

Hello, currently I have this monitor: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/02e9c18

And also this graphics card: ATI Radeon HD6850

When I was using Windows 8.1 I had a resolution of 2560x1080 and had no problems. Now I have moved to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS but I can't set that resolution, I have tried everything and nothing, the maximum I can set is 1920x1080.

I have been looking at not very expensive graphic cards and I have seen these 2, I don't know which one will be more recommendable:
  • ASUS GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5
  • ASUS RX550 4G EVO

If there is any better option, can you recommend me. I don't want to spend too much since I won't use it for gaming. What I want is to be able to take full advantage of the monitor and not have problems in the future with the resolution.

Thanks.
The Asus RX550 4 G-Evo looks like a good card if you want to replace the one you have.

That GPU is out of stock on Amazon so you will probably have to shop around.
Good luck!

Members online