Gparted not recognising the whole SSD

D

darrendazzler

Trying to format my Intel Pci_e SSD, its 400mb but Gparted only sees approx 380mb soooo 20 mb has gone missing ????? I tried formatting the ssd using gparted while having Linux mint on a live USB stick. Tried installing linuxmint on the 380mb but it crashes as it trys to load grub installer. Is it possible to format the hard drive using the USB stick and using something else apart from Gparted that might format all 400mb of theSSD ?!?!?! HELP

Whoa! That's way too small to install Linux Mint, or just about any distro. Or else you are confusing MB with GB, I'm not sure.

Linux Mint requires about 9GB to install (20GB recommended). Your SSD, if you are correct as 400MB, is equal to 0.4GB... less than 1GB.

Also, I think just about all hard drives (or flash drives, etc) report a smaller size that what is advertised. I just loaded a 64GB flash drive and gparted reports that as only 58.89GB. This is common and not really anything to worry about. If you check a drive in Windows, it may tell you a different size too.

Cheers!

400MB... Sounds like my intel 80486 big hard disk... Also, dial up noises filling my memories right now hah sweet childhood memories

You may want to install a very lightweight distro in that SSD if it's really 400MB

As @atanere said storage seldom comes as advertised ://

Trying to format my Intel Pci_e SSD, its 400mb but Gparted only sees approx 380mb soooo 20 mb has gone missing ????? I tried formatting the ssd using gparted while having Linux mint on a live USB stick. Tried installing linuxmint on the 380mb but it crashes as it trys to load grub installer. Is it possible to format the hard drive using the USB stick and using something else apart from Gparted that might format all 400mb of theSSD ?!?!?! HELP
400mb SSD? I never seen one that small. I have heard of conventional hard drives being 400mb but that was back in the early 1990's. Are you sure about it's size or you typed a typo?

Ahem, sorry boys, its a 400GB SSD lol typo......

Finally got a version of LMDE to work on it, but it was deffo 400gb, gparted isn't seeing the other 20gb, no big deal, thanks for the input.

Members online

Latest posts