Good tutorial for beginners: Installing Ubuntu.

Tolkem

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life and a wonderfull 2020! :)

While checking my news feed I bumped into this tutorial posted on It's FOSS website and found it to be very good; nice and clear instructions backed with some screenshots making it really easy for Linux newcomers wanting to install Ubuntu to follow. So I thought of sharing it here https://itsfoss.com/install-ubuntu/
Hope this helps someone! :)

Cheers! :)

the only thing being a control freak is that i couldn't really see much on partitions and choice of manual setup. So for instance there is a screen shot with a radio button, that says erase disk and install ubuntu. But it doesn't clarify if its going to leave 100mb of file type EF00 (EFI)
for secure boot laptops

I don't like things that just say click here and i don't really know what its going to do. I guess thats me and quirky nature & why i'm a slackware user

@CptCharis Thanks for the link! didn't know about that channel.

the only thing being a control freak is that i couldn't really see much on partitions and choice of manual setup. So for instance there is a screen shot with a radio button, that says erase disk and install ubuntu. But it doesn't clarify if its going to leave 100mb of file type EF00 (EFI)
for secure boot laptops

I don't like things that just say click here and i don't really know what its going to do. I guess thats me and quirky nature & why i'm a slackware user

Well, the author clearly said: "this is the easiest way to install Ubuntu" just click and forget. It was written with new fresh Linux users in mind wanting to install Ubuntu and IMHO it serves its purpose. I've used Slackware in the past, Slackware 14.2 to be precise and really liked it ... it's "package manager" or the whole packages install process not so much, that being said, from all of the PMs I've used my top 5 is: 1- pacman, 2-yum, 3-zypper, 4-dnf, 5-apt. others seem to be too complicated and/or lacking some features. BTW, I use Arch :)

This is a screenshot from back then when I tried 14.2

u3YmQNj.png

Members online

Latest posts