Good all in one media server and seedbox

Chafoin

Reaction score
Credits
Hey!

I am looking for the best way to have an hassle-free install of a media server and a torrent on my dedicated server.

What do you guys use ? I want something reliable so:
- open source, no compilation
- big plus if a package exists in one of the main distro
- Only one interface to manage torrent/trackers and stream videos or download file from the web
- Entirely web-based

I have looked around for addons with the major open source media server like emby, kodi, jellifyn but i can't for the love of god find an all in one app to add torrent and then stream them.

Feel free to remove if it's not in the rules of the forum. Thx in advance.

For mediaserver setups most people use search programs such as radarr, sonarr and the other *arrs. Those programs place the downloads in the correct location once finished and that is where your Mediaserver comes in whether it be Plex, Emby or Jellyfin, you then just create libraries to the location where the *arrs places the files and you can stream them. So it's basically an automated setup where you don't have to do anything, I have not yet come across an all in one software that does torrents and mediaserver streaming. Just use different programs meant a specific task and make it work together as one setup.

Last edited:
Oh ok so radarr and sonarr are meant to look for torrent start seeding on their own ? Or do they pass the torrent file to a torrent client like transmission ?

The *arrs do the search/tracking and when they find a file the send it to your torrent/usenet client. After the torrent/useclient is done the *arrs will pickup on that and then sort the file for you automatically. Better to search on reddit for this because this is not actually the forum to discuss such things.

Members online