Going about choosing a PCI netowrk adapter

Hey

I've got a new desktop, running CrunchBang on it. and haven't got a wireless network adapter on it.

So I need one..PCI for better signal.

Comes to mind the question how to choose one which will definitely work with CrunchBang..

:confused::confused:

Hey

I've got a new desktop, running CrunchBang on it. and haven't got a wireless network adapter on it.

So I need one..PCI for better signal.

Comes to mind the question how to choose one which will definitely work with CrunchBang..

:confused::confused:

Remember, google is your friend!:D You can always contact the manufacturer to see if Linux is supported as well.

Google's not my friend :mad:

It got me as far and to know that there's something called Hardware Compatability List.

It's reports from users on how well a partiuclar hardware works on their machine.

Only there aren't many reviews and some reviews use jargon that I don't know, adressed for smart Linux users..which I am not.

If range is a concern, look into Alfa -- I use an AWUS036H -- USB, but it reaches out there! Directional antennae may be purchased separately. There is an 802.11 N version, as well.
At least look into it.
Best wishes!

Google's not my friend :mad:

It got me as far and to know that there's something called Hardware Compatability List.

It's reports from users on how well a partiuclar hardware works on their machine.

Only there aren't many reviews and some reviews use jargon that I don't know, adressed for smart Linux users..which I am not.

I can understand that Google isn't your friend! I use DuckDuckGo myself.

Here is a link to a Hardware Compatibility list. http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/

Hope this helps!

Nbiser

Members online

Latest posts