Gnome crashed!

lekkerlinux

Reaction score
Credits
I removed LibreOffice from Fedora 31 and Gnome crashed. I installed AbiWord instead.

I hope I didn't break my Gnome shell!?

It's probably not wise to Frankenstein a distro to fit one's own needs?

Any thoughts on that?

I wouldn't think LibreOffice would really have any Gnome dependencies.
I'm installed Gnome without LibreOffice, but I don't think I've ever tried to un-install it after the fact.
Would be a good test I think.

Still you don't have to un-install. LibreOffice in order to use Abiword, both can be installed.
I rarely use Gnome anymore, but I am interested to try this.

I wouldn't think LibreOffice would really have any Gnome dependencies.
I'm installed Gnome without LibreOffice, but I don't think I've ever tried to un-install it after the fact.
Would be a good test I think.

Still you don't have to un-install. LibreOffice in order to use Abiword, both can be installed.
I rarely use Gnome anymore, but I am interested to try this.
While I was removing LibreOffice, program by program, Gnome crashed and restarted.

Today I had a update, but it was just menu and not Gnome itself, but it hanged after I restarted and after A while I pressed ctrl+alt+delete out of desperation and it eventually booting into Fedora again. Some process got stuck or something.

Maybe the software center is better to use to update instead of using the command line? I fewer problems that way. Have only been using Fedora since last weekend.

Maybe the software center is better to use to update instead of using the command line? I fewer problems that way. Have only been using Fedora since last weekend.

Perhaps these will help.

Perhaps these will help.

Very informative reads, thank yuo very much. Poorguy.

I was just wondering why Firefox is slower on Fedora, while Chrome is still fast. Maybe something to do with the wayland thing?

What's your internet speed.
That's a difficult question, because I use the poorest but cheapest mobile network in my country. They roam on other mobile net work provider's networks.

When I checked now it was between 700 bytes per second and then 400. So it fluctuates.

I'm running on a Android phone with the mobile hotspot enabled, via Wi-Fi, it's suppose to be 4G but not very good because of the network.

Without being to nosy what is the cost of regular guy internet and are you outside of the USA.

Just curious.

Without being to nosy what is the cost of regular guy internet and are you outside of the USA.

Just curious.
No problem, Poorguy. Neither the Russians nor the Chinese or Americans are looking for me.

This month I got 20 Gig + 20 Gig from Telkom. That means 20 Gig anytime sue data and 20 Gig night time data, to use between 12 midnight and 7 in the morning. That's for R 249, that's South African Rand. That is about US$ 16.60 at the time of purchase. In the mean time the currency tanked because of the corona virus.

We have much more expensive prepaid data deals from other providers with better networks.

You can get better deals by getting a two year contract though.

I had to agree to a 2 year contract not a problem I've live at the same address since 1980 so I'm not going anywhere.

A plus about a contract is the internet provider can't raise the cost for 2 years so that's cool.

Members online

Latest posts