Getting mysteriously logged out when using key combinations

regus

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone!

I have a serious problem with my system. When I use key combinations, e.g. alt+← to go backward in a document or when surfing, or ctrl+a to mark a text, I sometimes get mysteriously logged out and my session is erased. All my active documents, programmes I'm running etc. are gone as if I rebooted my computer.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong and what I can do to try to fix it? All advice is greatly appreciated! I'm running Debian 10 non-free on a ThinkPad L390.

Hi everyone!

I have a serious problem with my system. When I use key combinations, e.g. alt+← to go backward in a document or when surfing, or ctrl+a to mark a text, I sometimes get mysteriously logged out and my session is erased. All my active documents, programmes I'm running etc. are gone as if I rebooted my computer.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong and what I can do to try to fix it? All advice is greatly appreciated! I'm running Debian 10 non-free on a ThinkPad L390.

Debian on Gnome? XFCE? KDE? What DE is it runnng on?

@Tolkem: Actually that has been a problem. When I installed Debian the Swedish default keyboard didn't show one of the keys properly, but the Macintosh keyboard was closer to correct so I chose that instead. I think that was a mistake.

I've tried to change the keyboard with "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" and tried the ThinkPad keyboards from the list and Swedish default but it didn't change anything. I've tried to figure out and search for which keyboard I should choose with no satisfactory result. It's a jungle.

@Tolkem: Actually that has been a problem. When I installed Debian the Swedish default keyboard didn't show one of the keys properly, but the Macintosh keyboard was closer to correct so I chose that instead. I think that was a mistake.

I've tried to change the keyboard with "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" and tried the ThinkPad keyboards from the list and Swedish default but it didn't change anything. I've tried to figure out and search for which keyboard I should choose with no satisfactory result. It's a jungle.
Then this might be the root cause of the problem. I suggest you to go ask here https://www.linux.org/forums/debian-and-derivatives.154/ and/or here http://forums.debian.net/ since those ones are debian specific forums, you might get luckier than in a general linux like this one.

Hope this helps! :)

Members online

Latest posts