Getting My PS3 to Recognize the Logitech Gamepad F310>SOLVED

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
I plugged in the new Logitech Gamepad F310 into the PS3 console and the system said unknown device or unknown controller.
I press the Logitech button in the center of the controller and switched the switch on the back of the controller to D setting.

It's not working.

I tried a Live chat with the Logitech Bot here but when it comes time to select the product and it's information and click select however; the select text dissapears and I can't tell the chat bot any information.

The instructions on this page are for a Windows system.
This is a Sony Play Station 3.

NOTE: Logitech doesn't provide configuration software for non-Windows systems, but many games allow you to configure inputs in-game. DirectInput mode lets the gamepad communicate with the drivers on many such systems.

Any ideas on how to get this controller to work?

I plugged in the new Logitech Gamepad F310 into the PS3 console and the system said unknown device or unknown controller.
I press the Logitech button in the center of the controller and switched the switch on the back of the controller to D setting.

It's not working.

I tried a Live chat with the Logitech Bot here but when it comes time to select the product and it's information and click select however; the select text dissapears and I can't tell the chat bot any information.

The instructions on this page are for a Windows system.
This is a Sony Play Station 3.

NOTE: Logitech doesn't provide configuration software for non-Windows systems, but many games allow you to configure inputs in-game. DirectInput mode lets the gamepad communicate with the drivers on many such systems.

Any ideas on how to get this controller to work?
https://www.logitech.com/assets/35017/gamepad-f310-gsw.pdf
They aren't made for consoles.

Will it work with Kubuntu or Linux Mint on my Linux box?

I use a ps4 and Xbox one controller when playing since some games only have Xbox configuration.

Good news, lsusb see's the Logitech controller.

When I have time over the next few days I'll install Flight Gear Flight Simulator and see if the controller works with the game.

I'm glad that Linux Mint Debian see the Logitech Controller.
However, Linux Mint Debian doesn't support PPA's. So I'll either have to use my Kubuntu system or Linux Mint.

Linux Mint Debian Edition does not support ppa's.

The site's responding slowly right now. I'll get on it soon, but it should still load.

That works for eOS, and it may work in Debian. I am pretty sure I've tested it previously, but I just can't seem to recall the results. I could have sworn I wrote about it at one point, but buggered if I can find it.

The site's responding slowly right now. I'll get on it soon, but it should still load.

That works for eOS, and it may work in Debian. I am pretty sure I've tested it previously, but I just can't seem to recall the results. I could have sworn I wrote about it at one point, but buggered if I can find it.
Thanks for the link however the page won't load for me at all.
The icon on the tab just keeps bouncing back and forth.

I'll try it later.

I found this:

Will that work KGIII?

This is what I am trying to install however Buster is not in the list.

I found this:

Will that work KGIII?

Now that I think about it - not easily, no... Sorry - you don't have the Ubuntu version, so the PPA isn't going to work for you out of the box like that. My bad. It works for Ubuntu derivatives. I'm not sure what I was thinking earlier.

This, on the other hand, should do the trick:

Sorry about the above mistake. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Debian is not an Ubuntu derivative! I wasn't even drinking!

Now that I think about it - not easily, no... Sorry - you don't have the Ubuntu version, so the PPA isn't going to work for you out of the box like that. My bad. It works for Ubuntu derivatives. I'm not sure what I was thinking earlier.

This, on the other hand, should do the trick:

Sorry about the above mistake. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Debian is not an Ubuntu derivative! I wasn't even drinking!
I read through the tutorial in the Debian link you provided, thanks!-:)

I'm not that good with building and compiling and those make errors are no fun!
I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Worse case it doesn't compile correctly--

Yup... Worst case is that it just doesn't work.
I read through the tutorial and I think I get it but now my head is spinning, lol!
I'll try it when it's not so late--
Thanks!

I'm kinda a weirdo.

I actually like compiling stuff but the weirdness is that I actually like to watch it compile.

Hmm... I should check out Gentoo again.

I'm kinda a weirdo.

I actually like compiling stuff but the weirdness is that I actually like to watch it compile.

Hmm... I should check out Gentoo again.
Guess I'm a weirdo too cause I like watching stuff compile and configure too.:D
It's the geek in me I guess.

Really don't feel like messing with the instructions.
Think I'll just install a Steam game or other simple game just to see that the controller works.
IF not I'll return it:-

Cheers mate, enjoy the day.

Members online

Latest posts