Getting A New Internet Service Provider

My service was turned off yesterday in the early morning.
I knew that I would have to call them to make new arrangements so I did.

In order to get the $39.99 price for month they make you go with paperless billing (Ecobill) and you have to agree to letting them withdraw the monthly payment from your credit or bank card each month.
Otherwise if you don't agree to that arrangement, the new amount for service with Xfinity will cost you $59.99.

The financial gurus tend to say that you shouldn't enable autopay, so that you're aware of what you're spending. I find it convenient and do so with all sorts of bills.

Still, that's quite an incentive to go to autopay. They'll give you $20 off, presumably hoping that you don't notice something. I'd pay attention to that monthly fee on my statement.

When I try to watch channels that I am subscribed to using the Xfinity stream app or the Xfinity stream website, I get the error "This requires a membership." I also try to resolve through subscription software. Except for HBO and Showtime, I am a Digital Premier subscriber who receives this problem on all channels..

Last edited:
When I try to watch channels that I am subscribed to using the Xfinity stream app or the Xfinity stream website, I get the error "This requires a membership." Except for HBO and Showtime, I am a Digital Premier subscriber who receives this problem on all channels.
You should start your own thread for this issue so that it will get the attention it needs.

Avoid DSL like it's the plague.

Argue with Xfinity if need be. Don't move to DSL unless you want to downgrade from a car to a bicycle.

Members online

Latest posts