fstrim

Jack Makinson

Reaction score
Credits
Running Linux Mint 18.0 (Sarah). After installing Fstrim from Synaptic Manager the Fstrim is not showing up in the menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Running Linux Mint 18.0 (Sarah). After installing Fstrim from Synaptic Manager the Fstrim is not showing up in the menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm, I'm curious that it was not already installed as it is in Mint 18.2. It is part of the util-linux package and I would think it is present on most distributions. It does not appear in Synaptic or Software Manager in my recently installed Mint, so I cannot even remove it using those apps.

Anyway, it is not a graphical program so there is no menu item to launch it.

Code:
man fstrim

Use the man pages to learn usage options, or Google for more information.

Or, you don't mean fslint, do you?

Cheers!

Hmmm, I'm curious that it was not already installed as it is in Mint 18.2. It is part of the util-linux package and I would think it is present on most distributions. It does not appear in Synaptic or Software Manager in my recently installed Mint, so I cannot even remove it using those apps.

Anyway, it is not a graphical program so there is no menu item to launch it.

Code:
man fstrim

Use the man pages to learn usage options, or Google for more information.

Or, you don't mean fslint, do you?
Cheers!
Your right, it wasntSynaptic . I downloaded the Tarball and convert it to a deb using alien and installed it with gdebi installer. I usually run it manually through the terminal. It's not importent so I'll continue to manually run it.

Thanks for your input.