Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

FreetuxTV doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Linux Audio / Video' started by Crippled, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Crippled

Crippled Guest

I have Manjaro 15.09 Xfce and I installed FreetuxTV. When I open it says, Synchronizing list of channels and about a minute later it closes. I have VLC player which is required to operate FreetuxTV. It did the same thing when I used openSUSE 13.2 when I had it. How do I get FreetuxTV to work?

2. atanere

atanere Guest

3. Crippled

Crippled Guest

I think that's the problem because they came up with the same answer on https://www.linuxquestions.org. Looks like it's more trouble than it's worth and I will just un-install it because I don't want outdated software on my computer. The way I see it, who ever created FreetuxTV didn't check their work and falls under the category of Gargbage-ware. Thanks.
  4. atanere

atanere Guest

Yes, you may be right. Or maybe FreetuxTV just stopped development, while VLC continued. I just watched a YouTube video of FreetuxTV working nicely, but it was an old video. Thanks for the "Best Answer" report!

5. Crippled

Crippled Guest

Your welcome.