Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Note: we recently updated out site software, please report any unseen issues - we do this often to insure your information is secure.
    Dismiss Notice

FreetuxTV doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Linux Audio / Video' started by Crippled, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Crippled

Crippled Guest

I have Manjaro 15.09 Xfce and I installed FreetuxTV. When I open it says, Synchronizing list of channels and about a minute later it closes. I have VLC player which is required to operate FreetuxTV. It did the same thing when I used openSUSE 13.2 when I had it. How do I get FreetuxTV to work?

2. atanere

atanere Guest

3. Crippled

Crippled Guest

I think that's the problem because they came up with the same answer on https://www.linuxquestions.org. Looks like it's more trouble than it's worth and I will just un-install it because I don't want outdated software on my computer. The way I see it, who ever created FreetuxTV didn't check their work and falls under the category of Gargbage-ware. Thanks.

4. atanere

atanere Guest

Yes, you may be right. Or maybe FreetuxTV just stopped development, while VLC continued. I just watched a YouTube video of FreetuxTV working nicely, but it was an old video. Thanks for the "Best Answer" report!

Cheers!

5. Crippled

Crippled Guest

Your welcome.