FPS single player for Ubuntu

The polite version of what I was gonna tell you is to put your opinion where sunlight doesn't shine. If Rob makes an offtopic section, nobody's forcing you to read it. Anyway, the next time you need help with anything, I won't be one of those trying to help your ungrateful arse!

And a lovey day to you too, mate.

The polite version of what I was gonna tell you is to put your opinion where sunlight doesn't shine. If Rob makes an offtopic section, nobody's forcing you to read it. Anyway, the next time you need help with anything, I won't be one of those trying to help your ungrateful arse!

I forgot to mention, a separate section for jokes, otherwise some people might not understand what is going on.o_O

Pistols at 10 paces, @lekkerlinux , @rado84 ?

Don't make me adjudicate, I plan on a quiet Sunday morning here in Oz :)

Lekker, if I get time today, I will be merging a funny Thread from Rado with one from Capta (@CptCharis ) and making a Sticky of it in General Linux.

If it continues to attract interest, then some time in the near future, we may have a discrete Forum for Linux Jokes.

Wiz

@wizardfromoz , you won't have to adjudicate. I said what I had to say to this rude ***hole and then put him in the ignore list. I respond the same way as I'm addressed to. You talk to me politely and so do I to you. If someone talks to me the same way lesterlinux did, I don't turn the other cheek. Simple. That's all I had to say.

Pistols at 10 paces, @lekkerlinux , @rado84 ?

Don't make me adjudicate, I plan on a quiet Sunday morning here in Oz :)

Lekker, if I get time today, I will be merging a funny Thread from Rado with one from Capta (@CptCharis ) and making a Sticky of it in General Linux.

If it continues to attract interest, then some time in the near future, we may have a discrete Forum for Linux Jokes.

Wiz

No worries mate, I just made a joke that meant no one on Facebook discusses Linux matters, they just send pictures of cats and dogs. The other bloke though that I was forbidding Rob to make a off topic section. I will not forbid any one to do anything in the Linux world, I am not Linus Torvalts or something.

That guy haven't even Finnished the kernel yet!:)

Yes I know that is lame, making a joke about the Finnish guy who wrote the kernel.

@wizardfromoz , you won't have to adjudicate. I said what I had to say to this rude ***hole and then put him in the ignore list. I respond the same way as I'm addressed to. You talk to me politely and so do I to you. If someone talks to me the same way lesterlinux did, I don't turn the other cheek. Simple. That's all I had to say.

I never called you Siberia, a place were the sun doesn't shine!

I agree with you for the need for an off topic section, we can have great debates there, just like the ancient Geeks. Oh dear, I meant the ancient Greeks, a thousand pardons!

I am not Linus Torvalts or something
Wrong person to joke about. The one forbidding this and that to people is Bill Gates, not L. Torvalds.

And btw, there are many big groups on Facebook that discuss nothing else but Linux, so you're wrong about that too.

Let it go, the pair of you, or I'll close the Thread.

I will likely delete all Posts since the end of @Rob 's #15, since that is the last time it was on-topic

Wizard

You ask for free games Lekker, but besides Nexuiz and OpenArena, I don't really know of any. I can suggest some older cheap games though. Using Steam and Steam Play, you can run Doom, Doom2, Quake. I play those and can vouch that they work flawlessly on Linux. Unfortunately I haven't gotten Quake2 to work thru Steam, but it does run well using PlayonLinux if you have a CD. I would imagine the other old ID DOS games would work just as well, like Hexen, Heretic, and other DOS games of that time period from other developers. The ones from ID on Steam cost $5 each.

Let it go, the pair of you, or I'll close the Thread.

I will likely delete all Posts since the end of @Rob 's #15, since that is the last time it was on-topic

Wizard

No problem Wizard, I see TechnoJunky is back on topic, so please don't close the thread. I will just correspond with him about this subject, seems well experienced.

Off-topic/ off beat section is till a good idea.

You ask for free games Lekker, but besides Nexuiz and OpenArena, I don't really know of any. I can suggest some older cheap games though. Using Steam and Steam Play, you can run Doom, Doom2, Quake. I play those and can vouch that they work flawlessly on Linux. Unfortunately I haven't gotten Quake2 to work thru Steam, but it does run well using PlayonLinux if you have a CD. I would imagine the other old ID DOS games would work just as well, like Hexen, Heretic, and other DOS games of that time period from other developers. The ones from ID on Steam cost $5 each.

I am playing O A.D. now and it's open source and not too bad. Real time strategy kind of game. Lots of the free FPS games are multiplayer and my internet is a bit slow for that. I will try PlayonLinux again, I tried to install Command & Conquer Generals with is while still using Ubuntu 14.04. Do you now if this game will install with PlayonLinux? I didn't see on the list before.

Have you tried Cube 2 Sauerbraten? I can see it in Synaptic and it will be easy to install, just want to have some feedback on it first, otherwise I will just waste data.

Thanks for the feedback TechnoJunky!

I haven't played C&C since the old DOS/Windows for Workgroup days. So I don't know how well Generals will work. I did a search in PlayonLinux forums and found several on Red Alert, Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath. I don't know if any of those would help or not, but you can always start a new thread about Generals. They're very helpful and knowledgeable.
Nope, haven't played Cube.

It seems I have forgotten to mention that all games by Valve support Linux natively and none of their games is demanding on resources.