Follow-Up On The Bad Block Issue..... :3

blackneos940

Reaction score
Credits
So basically, since the Gnome Disk Utility and Windows chkdisk BOTH report a healthy Hard Disk, I've come to the conclusion that my HDD is probably fine..... But, nevertheless, I'll be keeping backups, JUST in case..... :3 Well, I'mma get jacked on some Mountain Dew..... :3 Caffeine is GREAT for Programming, isn't it.....?? :D

So basically, since the Gnome Disk Utility and Windows chkdisk BOTH report a healthy Hard Disk, I've come to the conclusion that my HDD is probably fine..... But, nevertheless, I'll be keeping backups, JUST in case..... :3

Hmm, well if the HD is fine (which it may well be - I only mentioned it as a possibility in the other thread because you were getting the bad-superblock problem so often). Then we are left to work out WHY the superblock keeps corrupting.....

You currently have three OSes installed: Windows 10, FreeBSD and Ubuntu.
Once you have fixed the superblock and got it working - have you noticed any particular sequence of events that occurs before the superblock goes nipples skyward again?

e.g,
You have fixed the superblock. You boot into Ubuntu a few times and everything is fine until you boot into W10. The next time you try to reboot into Ubuntu you get the bad superblock??

Or the superblock corrupts after you have picked installed updates in a W10 session?

Or the superblock goes bad when you reboot after a particular program has crashed in one of your OSes.
etc.

If you can spot some kind of pattern, we might be able to pin down the problem.

Well, I'mma get jacked on some Mountain Dew..... :3 Caffeine is GREAT for Programming, isn't it.....?? :D
Heh heh, caffeine is a staple of any programmers diet.

However, because it's Saturday night - I'm currently drinking Vodka Skittles. A hellish concoction that my wife came up with last week. Basically it's exactly what it sounds like - Skittles candies that have been dissolved in vodka. So everything is more than a little fuzzy ATM. Originally, she'd bought several packets of Skittles, sorted them by colour and put them into separate glass bottles filled with Vodka for her Eurovision party last weekend.
Afterwards we put all the leftover Vodka Skittles into a single bottle, which I am now drinking.... Probably a bad move.

Vodka Skittles - Vomit the Rainbow - heh heh! XD

Hmm, well if the HD is fine (which it may well be - I only mentioned it as a possibility in the other thread because you were getting the bad-superblock problem so often). Then we are left to work out WHY the superblock keeps corrupting.....

Once you have fixed the superblock and got it working - have you noticed any particular sequence of events that occurs before the superblock goes nipples skyward again?

e.g,
You have fixed the superblock. You boot into Ubuntu a few times and everything is fine until you boot into W10. The next time you try to reboot into Ubuntu you get the bad superblock??

Or the superblock corrupts after you have picked installed updates in a W10 session?

Or the superblock goes bad when you reboot after a particular program has crashed in one of your OSes.
etc.

However, because it's Saturday night - I'm currently drinking Vodka Skittles. A hellish concoction that my wife came up with last week. Basically it's exactly what it sounds like - Skittles candies that have been dissolved in vodka. So everything is more than a little fuzzy ATM. Originally, she'd bought several packets of Skittles, sorted them by colour and put them into separate glass bottles filled with Vodka for her Eurovision party last weekend.
Afterwards we put all the leftover Vodka Skittles into a single bottle, which I am now drinking.... Probably a bad move.

Hmmmm..... :3 Those are some interesting points..... :) I'll Boot Ubuntu up, and let you know what I find!..... :D Also, I like high-percent Wine myself, but I've been known to have fun with hard Liquor..... :D I like listening to Irish drinking music when I'm under..... What about you.....? :3

e.g,

etc.

So far, after a reinstall, no problems..... :3 I'm continuing to monitor for any potential issues..... :3 WHOOOOO!!! :3 SO BLITZED ON CAFFEINE RIGHT NOW!! :3 Anywho!!..... :3 I had an issue with LightDM or Xorg loading in Low Graphics Mode, but opting to continue with the default Graphics config seems to have exercised the demons..... :3 Man, I'm so amped right now!!..... XD

Members online