Flipping works for some games only - open to suggestions

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
I've described the problem in details here: https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues/11008 but if you have any ideas how to make it work, I'm open to suggestions. IDK anything about that "flipping" feature, so I'm hoping that someone here might have a better knowledge of it than me.

There are other ways to do it, too. I use a command called __GL_SHOW_GRAPHICS_OSD=1. That way, you can use it in only the stuff you want, like games, not Firefox. Also, from my understanding, it only works in OpenGL. I can be wrong about that, and my understanding is the Game OpenGL versions have to support it before working. I have to look into it more, but this is my understanding of it from the little I know. Also, you can turn on VBLANK with __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1

Edit:
I fell over this post. I don't know if that is going to help any.

I have done some testing in Steam Flatpak. Halo Infinite with VK3D3 has Flipping, Half-Life 2 (native) also has Flipping, and Metro 2033 and Metro 2033 redux have Flipping. And Euro Truck Simulator 2 has Flipping. I'm on Garuda with the 2070S and Driver version 515.65.01.

Last edited:

Members online