Flash Player Replacement For Ubuntu 20.04 for Chrome Browser

Eddie Paul Litz

Reaction score
Credits
Where can I find a Flash Player Replacement for the Chrome Browser that will work in Ubuntu 20.04 and also that will work past December 2020?

Will Pepper Flash last for many years & how can I tell if it's working in Chrome?

Will Pepper Flash last for many years & how can I tell if it's working in Chrome?
You will need to up date from time to time. Mine is running quite well still and it is an older one in Iron 69.

Last edited:
Pepper Flash folders are in my Chrome Beta Folder in the .config folder. How can I tell if it works on flash videos & flash games? How do I update it? Is there any way to get it to work on Flash Videos & Flash Games w/ Adobe Flash Blocked?

Attachments

• PepperFlash #1.png
    PepperFlash #1.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 520
  • PepperFlash#2.png
    PepperFlash#2.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 523
Ok on this page it shows where to put pepperflash plugin for chrome. It also describes Adobe hosts a pepperflash plugin which as I said you download, having deleted the old one when it no longer works.

Here's the Update Check:

sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --status
[sudo] password for eddielitz:
--2020-06-24 14:17:16-- https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/w...inux&platform_arch=x86_64&browser_dist=Chrome
Resolving get.adobe.com (get.adobe.com)... 193.104.215.66
Connecting to get.adobe.com (get.adobe.com)|193.104.215.66|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [application/json]
Saving to: ‘STDOUT’

- [ <=> ] 1.89K --.-KB/s in 0s

2020-06-24 14:17:16 (20.9 MB/s) - written to stdout [1933]

Flash Player version installed on this system : 32.0.0.387
Flash Player version available on upstream site: 32.0.0.387

It's showing Adobe. Does that mean that Pepper Flash will be gone along w/ Adobe Flash Player after December 2020?

Will Pepper Flash go down along w/ Adobe Flash Player this December? Sorry if I'm repeating the question.

It's showing Adobe. Does that mean that Pepper Flash will be gone along w/ Adobe Flash Player after December 2020?
It seems no one has an answer to my question here.

Pepper Flash I believe is a Chromium or Google Chrome creation and you will just have to wait and see if Pepper Flash is going down the road with Adobe Flash Player.

Both adobe Flash Player and Pepper Flash are antiquated and vulnerable and need to be gone and are on my computers.

I don't use either and haven't for many years since HTML5.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I install HTML5 Player on Linux? Is there a .deb file for it?

Members online