Firmware bug

Elliottthomas72

Reaction score
Credits
I try to install any Linux and I see this anyone know anything about it?

[0.000000][Firmware Bug]:TSC_DEADLINE disabled dot to Errata; please update microcode to version:0x22 (or later)

I hesitate to ask......but this is happening BEFORE the install of linux completes ??.....

or has the install finalised itself and then the error appears...?

You have the linux OS on a usb drive.....yes?
You have altered the boot order and linux has loaded from the usb...correct?
What happens then ?

give us a few details....which linux ?...what are the specs of your pc...ram?...motherboard, cpu....?

I hesitate to ask......but this is happening BEFORE the install of linux completes ??.....

or has the install finalised itself and then the error appears...?

You have the linux OS on a usb drive.....yes?
You have altered the boot order and linux has loaded from the usb...correct?
What happens then ?

give us a few details....which linux ?...what are the specs of your pc...ram?...motherboard, cpu....?

I am using Ubuntu Studio and it happened before the install and I am installing with a disk. 8 gigs ram and 3.2 ghz intel processor. I have installed and it seems to work fine but I'm a little concerned about that message. Is there something else I am suppose to update? oh and the motherboard is an Asus H87M-plus. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Hi @Elliottthomas72 and welcome to linux.org :)

If Studio is working fine I am not sure I would worry about it. But if you want to eliminate the error appearing then this would likely work:

At Terminal (Ctrl-Alt-t):

Code:
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install intel-microcode

and reboot

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

You can also access it in the software manager. It will look like the pic below.

Screenshot_2018-05-05_11-15-27.png

Members online