Firejail Needing to remove gnome-logs

ScrambledEggs

Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I last posted. Still exploring and learning Linux. Well I've got a question about something and I cannot figure it out!

So I have firejail, and I used the 'sudo firecfg' command to symlink the programs that firejail has profiles for. Well firejail created a symlink for gnome-logs and now I can't read the logs which need admin rights to view. I confirmed this through a VM of my distro(Mint 20.1 Ulyssa). I've tried the man page and I must be doing something wrong. Please help!

I'm just trying to get firejail to not sandbox my gnome-logs.

Thanks!

I don't use firejail but this page will be a useful read. Seems like you can reset everything using: firecfg --clean, then you can at least read your logs again.

I know about that one. I was wanting to avoid having to remove/add symlinks. But I believe I found a solution. If I sudo gnome-logs in terminal it will open gnome-logs with admin rights and I'm able to view what I need. I am just unsure if this is the right way to do it? I appreciate your help though!!

You could try it like this though:
Code:
sudo firejail gnome-logs
I would expect firejail to work with sudo as well.

Last edited:
Hi @ScrambledEggs
1. cd /usr/local/bin
2. sudo rm gnome-logs
3. go open your logs :)

- What happend here is that you just deleted the symlink that linked firejail to gnome-logs.
NB: When you run "sudo firecfg" it will be build again the symlink

Last edited:

Members online