Firefox on Linux Mint crashing from youtube {solved}

NORD

Reaction score
Credits
I love Firefox and hate the fact that I can't use youtube on it anyone else have this issue?
Now stuck using chromium the one browser I hate the most .
So I downloaded Opera browser same problems as FireFox any one have any good alternatives they use?
Maybe Google tube is trying to corner the market and make it to you can only use google browsers.

I'm not having the issue, using Firefox on both Ubuntu and Fedora.

Turn off any add ons you have and try it again.

Just for the record....I use brave browser and have no dramas at all, with anything.

It must be in the way you are holding your mouth, Tobey (or discrimination against The Sunflower State).

I use FF and I was in youtube today looking for material for Rock Roxx.

Chris

BTW I have uBlock Origin enabled.

It must be in the way you are holding your mouth, Tobey (or discrimination against The Sunflower State).

I use FF and I was in youtube today looking for material for Rock Roxx.

Chris
what do you mean holding my mouth?

I love Firefox and hate the fact that I can't use youtube on it anyone else have this issue?
Now stuck using chromium the one browser I hate the most .
So I downloaded Opera browser same problems as FireFox any one have any good alternatives they use?
Maybe Google tube is trying to corner the market and make it to you can only use google browsers.
If you have these packages:
mesa-vdpau
libvdpau-va-gl
uninstall them. Also, open firefox settings and in the search box type "acceleration". When it gets highlighted, disable that option. Hardware acceleration is still quite glitchy in Linux in principle. Supposedly Mozilla are working to fix it but whether or when they'll fix it, that's unclear.

xXNORDXx wrote:
can't use youtube
You could see if DRM is turned on in the settings. You can go to settings, put DRM in the "Find in settings" box, and see if DRM is enabled. If not, enable it to see if that makes a difference. (DRM is in the "General" section of the settings). Also have a look at configs in "about:config" and check if the config: "plugins_rewrite.youtube.embeds" is marked as "true". If not, change it and see if that makes a difference. If that config is not there at all, you can write it in with a value of "true", but it's usually a default.

Found this, Tobey

"It's something oldsters (myself included) say when something needs to be "just so" in order for it to work right. If you are fighting with a particularly tight lid on a jar, and the safety button suddenly pops, you might say, "I just had to hold my mouth right!" If you fail at this, but the person you ask to help gets it right away, you might say "Ah, I guess you were holding your mouth right.""

Wiz

For me youtube works just fine with Firefox and Slimjet...however with Google Chrome youtube wont work unless I use Incognito mode.
confused0007.gif

Opera wont even load youtube...not long ago all worked just fine...maybe the problem is with youtube.
confused0024.gif

You would think youtube should work with Google Chrome...it loads but when I click on a video...all I get is a black screen with a white circle going around and around.
confused0032.gif

On all Browsers every other web site works just fine...with Linux.org being the exception.
happy0053.gif
t3608.gif

xXNORDXx wrote:

You could see if DRM is turned on in the settings. You can go to settings, put DRM in the "Find in settings" box, and see if DRM is enabled. If not, enable it to see if that makes a difference. (DRM is in the "General" section of the settings). Also have a look at configs in "about:config" and check if the config: "plugins_rewrite.youtube.embeds" is marked as "true". If not, change it and see if that makes a difference. If that config is not there at all, you can write it in with a value of "true", but it's usually a default.
already did that .

disabled ass ons yet ?

Now I can watch my purchased movies and everything. It's Godzilla time!

I always keep 2 Browsers on hand, Tobey, in case one falls over.

Don't forget the Timeshift snapshot once you have everything the way you like it.

disabled ass ons yet ?

I didn't know your ass was disabled, Brian, that could get messy.

Avagudweegend.

Wiz

You have no idea of the complications !!!!!!

What is the OP banner on my penguin?
I never know what these things are :D

That simply tells everyone who visits/contributes to this topic that you are the opening poster.....so any comments they make should address the opening post