Fell asleep on the toilet. When I woke and stood up some skin stayed on the seat.

• Thread starter Nick Balestrieri
  • Start date
N

Nick Balestrieri

Been getting in to firmware shenanigans along with ttl jtag serial and really just the whole enchilada with regards to learning about the different ways we communicate with our hardware rather than your typical USB or Bluetooth. Played a lot with the physical tear down, re-build/repair, modify, and building of the hardware itself so this feels like the natural progression along with machine code. I am hoping to find an OS designed for this kind of thing rather than just using a VM of kali or whatever the device is native to. I am sure there has to be something bare metal developers use hopefully loaded with a bunch of pre-installed software that I have never heard of nor would know to even look for. This could be (and probably is) the wrong forum for this specific of a question. I am happy to go somewhere else and am open to any and all recommendations anyone might have. I looked around a little but why wonder when the answer is gonna come from linux so I started at the bottom of it. Oh, right. Uh, Hi. My name is Nick and I'm an addict.

Don't know why they **** out the word S K I N but wanted to clarify cause it would be easy to assume the wrong material was left behind and completely ruins this very true story and good warning for all to heed. Get up slowly. Very slowly.

If you a looking for an OS that teaches you a loy lot and you can build on it then try LInuxBBQ very minimal spins and some even some without X
LinuxBBQ • Index page

Okay Thanks, I will look in to that as I am always hungry for knowledge. One of my biggest goals is to dive deeper in to hardware interfacing and some of the more advance methods associated with that. For example where a Kali Linux would be more designed for the pen-tester or Ubuntu or mint has that new to Linux type individual in mind. I figured there would probably be one with hardware design and development in mind that would save me hours and hours of looking through pages of plugins having only vague descriptions that would certainly be the case especially since I don't have a baser knowledge of which ones unlock that potential from Linux. I hope I am explaining this right. I don't know Linux past a certain level of depth yet I know it goes deep. The right distro will make life easier and productivity through learning and application justifiable much sooner.
Thank you for your advice so far and I will start grilling right now.

Staff online

Latest posts