Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

Fedora version earlier than 20 with KDE - does it exist

Discussion in 'Fedora' started by URDRWHO, Apr 20, 2015.

1. URDRWHO

URDRWHO Guest

I would like to try and earlier version of Fedora 20 with KDE. Fedora spins only has 20 with KDE.

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

Any suggestions? I have an older laptop that I want to try it on. I tried 20 on a live stick and it ran ok but I am not sure how it will fly with a full install? I have Kubuntu 12.04 running well and I am laxed to place Fedeora over it if it won't work for me.

2. rstanley

rstanley Guest

You can get older releases of Fedora at their archive site.

I have not installed Fedora for many years, so I can't comment on the releases.

Good luck!

3. URDRWHO

URDRWHO Guest

Thanks.

I started to install Fedora 18 and then got to the point of choosing hard drive partitions. I continued to a point that the install was not clear on what it was going to do next to my hard drives.

When I am installing a distro I always choose manual partition but the Fedora wasn't clear if it was going to give me a choice to choose my existing partitions. One time I had a terrible experience Lubuntu. I choose to manually do the partition choices but Lubuntu decided to write over the entire hard drive. I had a friend lead me to a site with some good forensic software and I recovered about 95% of the windows partition files.

Because of that Lubuntu experience, if something is ever, ever in question I do not proceed.

Ha! After playing around trying to from my Nvidia driver back to the nouveau, the Kubuntu install got very bad. So I am installing a fresh 12.04 LTS.