Fedora Installation doesn't continue it's process

Cauã A. E. Santo

Reaction score
Credits
So I'm installing Fedora on my machine through a flash drive. When I'll connect the flash on my machine appears a menu screen which has three options:
Start Fedora-Workstantion....
Test & Start.....
Troubleshooting Fedora...

I chose the first one and now I'm stuck on this screen:
What can I do?
IMG_20220614_133826.jpg

I would probably pick option 2. Test the media.
Is this a 64bit system? Or 32-bit?
Is this Legacy BIOS or UEFI (Hard to tell with only the cursor showing)
Another option, is at the grub boot screen ...
Press E for edit, and add the number 3 to the end of the line that starts with vmlinuz
(dont go down to the initram line, that's past it). This will put you in text mode.
It's a little harder to install this way, but it'll let you see any errors, and get past any video mode problems.

I would probably pick option 2. Test the media.
Is this a 64bit system? Or 32-bit?
Is this Legacy BIOS or UEFI (Hard to tell with only the cursor showing)
Another option, is at the grub boot screen ...
Press E for edit, and add the number 3 to the end of the line that starts with vmlinuz
(dont go down to the initram line, that's past it). This will put you in text mode.
It's a little harder to install this way, but it'll let you see any errors, and get past any video mode problems.
Hey,
It's a 64-bit system, and the Legacy is BIOS.
The laptop went again to the grub screen after I have tried the two other options from that previous menu.
You said to me to add 3 to the end of the line that starts with vmlinuz but how?

The Fedora distribution I'm trying to install is a Live-x86_64-36-1.5.iso. (This may be useful).

since it came back to the grub screen,

Ah, you might want to mention that in the first post.

In that case, verifying the .iso's integrity and maybe try creating the USB with Balena Etcher if you used something else to make the USB.

Ah, you might want to mention that in the first post.

In that case, verifying the .iso's integrity and maybe try creating the USB with Balena Etcher if you used something else to make the USB.
I've tried it, without success. First I made the USB using Rufus then I plugged it on my machine. It didn't work. So I thought about that possibility, of my iso being corrupted, and tried to make things with the Etcher. However, it didn't work either.
Now I'm downloading another iso, that maybe solve the problem.

The various distros will have different ways (all similar) to verify the integrity of the file you downloaded. It usually involves some sort of command to check the checksum against their results. You can also download with a torrent client - and that actually has file integrity checking built right in.

Additionally, you may want to try another distro or two - just to verify that they all have the same errors (unless, of course, you need Fedora for some reason). It's always good to check against another distro when you can.

I've tried it, without success. First I made the USB using Rufus then I plugged it on my machine. It didn't work

If you use Rufus you "MUST" use dd mode for Fedora. Iso mode does not work.
They run a checksum of the image during the grub menu load. The iso mode image
obviously will not match the checksum.

I'll start to verify the distros from now. I'm also trying another ones besides Fedora. Thank you for everything!
I'll be back when it works, or don't!

The various distros will have different ways (all similar) to verify the integrity of the file you downloaded. It usually involves some sort of command to check the checksum against their results. You can also download with a torrent client - and that actually has file integrity checking built right in.

Additionally, you may want to try another distro or two - just to verify that they all have the same errors (unless, of course, you need Fedora for some reason). It's always good to check against another distro when you can.
I'll start to verify the distros from now. I'm also trying another ones besides Fedora. Thank you for everything!

I'll be back when it works, or don't!

If you use Rufus you "MUST" use dd mode for Fedora. Iso mode does not work.
They run a checksum of the image during the grub menu load. The iso mode image
obviously will not match the checksum.
Ah, I didn't know about that. I'll try to verify the distros, like you guys said. Thank you so much!
However, I'll be here soon.

Members online

Latest posts