Fedora DKMS kmod-wl

Z

ZZs

@ryanvade
I'd like to setup dkms for wl driver in Fedora. Does RPMfusion have a dkms driver for kmod-wl? Anyone know if this is possible? I need the RPM name to pull from from rpmfusion.

I honestly have not looked it up yet I'm in the middle of a new build.

Nobody replied to this, but I did find a post, a few years old, how to try and setup dkms and broadcom'? Arch had a good one, @ryanvade turned me on to, but this system nolonger can run Arch. Is there an easier one? I can stay with RPMFUSION, but at the time of the NEW build a new kernel was ready for for upgrade so the the RPMFUSION driver fell back on the previous kernel only and never being previously istalled before iI can update the RPMFUSION repo.
My Arch laptop I can't run now. Its a cheap HP G6 that leaks nickel I think do to the cheap case. I broke out in a nasty rash. I just run it wireless as a desktop sometimes.

I don't know if there is a dkms wl module for fedora. Fedora has never been one of my favorites. I do know that you can add a module to dkms. Something like this:
Code:
dkms add -m module_name -v module_version
Code:
dkms build -m module_name -v module_version
Code:
dkms install -m module_name -v module_version

I don't know if there is a dkms wl module for fedora. Fedora has never been one of my favorites. I do know that you can add a module to dkms. Something like this:
Code:
dkms add -m module_name -v module_version
Code:
dkms build -m module_name -v module_version
Code:
dkms install -m module_name -v module_version

Thanks Ryan.
Pretty much what I found as well, less downloading the broadcom STA driver to build. I havnt tried it yet but I think I'm going to in the future.

Members online