Fedora 33 boot not working

By disabling fast boot it gives yourself more of a chance to get into BIOS/boot menu. Fast Startup feature will typically prevent you from mounting the Windows partitions in Linux, since it acts basically the same as hibernating the Windows OS: Linux sees that Windows has not cleanly unmounted the Windows partitions and so some cached data might held in the hibernation data, waiting to be written to its final place in the Windows filesystem. You can keep Fast Startup enabled but that will make it more difficult to exchange files between the operating systems.

To turn off Fast Startup go to Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Power Options -> System Settings, and under the title "Shutdown settings", uncheck the item "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" and click on "Save changes" at the bottom of the window.
ya i dont see what u talking about in setting. this weird computer it even says Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7). i never been on windows 7

ya i dont see what u talking about in setting. this weird computer it even says Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7). i never been on windows 7
If you are using Windows 7 is does not have Fast Startup that is on 8.1 and 10
If you are on windows 7 then secure boot is only thing need to disable to boot from external drive when Windows 7 is booting up tap the F12 key to get into the boot menu then select drive

If you are using Windows 7 is does not have Fast Startup that is on 8.1 and 10
If you are on windows 7 then secure boot is only thing need to disable to boot from external drive when Windows 7 is booting up tap the F12 key to get into the boot menu then select drive
im on windows 10

On Windows 10 press the Windows Key + R at the same time to bring up Run Dialog the type in powercfg.cpl The Power Options window should appear. Click "Choose what the power buttons do" from the column on the left. Scroll down to "Shutdown settings" and uncheck the box for "Turn on fast startup". Then Click on Save Changes

Looks greyed out to me click on Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable, which is just above Power and Sleep button settings. Then you should be able to change it

Forgot you will need to be logged in as the Admin

Attachments

• Change.png
    Change.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 464
User Account Control (UAC enables Windows to run a specific task as an administrator) is it disabled ?

If it is not disabled then try

Open Group Policy Editor (Win+R, then type "gpedit.msc")
Navigate to [Computer Configuration]->[Administrative Templates]->[System]->[Power Management]
Double click the Specify a custom active power plan policy setting
Set to Disabled
Click Apply then OK

Last edited by a moderator:
i talking about My Passport 2626. i have m.2 not showed in picture ty for all the help so far

Usually (but not always) m.2 drives show up as /dev/nvme0n

m.2 drives are all internal drives also. If this is the case, this is the drive you need to re-format.

How are you telling your computer which drive to boot from?
How do you know which drive you are installing to?
What kind of computer is this? Model? 64bit? UEFI/Legacy BIOS?
You mentioned an external m.2 drive, but as far as I know, there is no such thing.

How are you telling your computer which drive to boot from?
How do you know which drive you are installing to?
What kind of computer is this? Model? 64bit? UEFI/Legacy BIOS?
You mentioned an external m.2 drive, but as far as I know, there is no such thing.
An M.2 drive is a type of SSD go to amazon and type in M2 Drive and a whole bunch will pop up

Another option is to check the BIOS Go to the SATA Operations category and change from AHCI to RAID then on reboot tap the F12 to get to the boot up menu and then try to select your drive

An M.2 drive is a type of SSD go to amazon and type in M2 Drive and a whole bunch will pop up

I have several, but they fit in a special m.2 slot on motherboards.
I haven't seen any external cases for them.

edit: my apologies, just looked at Amazon, apparently they do exist, but you lose most
of the advantage of being nvme. You go through USB, which is a lot slower, and it's
unidirectional, not full-duplex.

Members online