Fedora 31 end of life

lekkerlinux

Reaction score
Credits
I just want to know until when will Fedora 31 get maintenance updates before having to upgrade to the next version.

According to this link that is correct.

Thank you very much Poorguy, that's very clear to me now.

Released every 6 months and supported for 13 months with updates.

That's much better. I don't want to install the thing again every 6 months, just to try something bleeding edge.

The live DVD session worked well. I will have to see in the coming months, if Fedora breaks programs after updating, like Arch based distro.

You're welcome lekkerlinux.

Like most rolling releases you should be able to move from version to version without doing a clean install although I'm uncertain.

This may be of use.

You're welcome lekkerlinux.

Like most rolling releases you should be able to move from version to version without doing a clean install although I'm uncertain.

This may be of use.
Thanks Poorguy! I look into that. Fedora Workstation is the normal version and Fedora Rawhide the rolling release version. The normal one does come out every 6 months or so. So, more often than say Ubuntu.

Hope it's reliable, because that the most important to me. I was trying out Solus, but sometimes programs crash after a update, Fedora was the other option that's independent or not based on Debian/Ubuntu or Arch.

I'll be installing Fedora Saturday, wish me luck as you wave me goodbye!

Give these a look.

Here's another I use and works great on all of my outdated Frankenstein builds.

Hey @lekkerlinux - Fedora is a great choice to use.. it's pretty stable, but also the test bed for the upcoming Red Hat releases, so can be cutting edge as well.

This means it's more likely to work with newer hardware, but may introduce a few bugs here and there.. they wouldn't release it with any showstopper bugs though.

Good luck to you with it!

Hey @lekkerlinux - Fedora is a great choice to use.. it's pretty stable, but also the test bed for the upcoming Red Hat releases, so can be cutting edge as well.

This means it's more likely to work with newer hardware, but may introduce a few bugs here and there.. they wouldn't release it with any showstopper bugs though.

Good luck to you with it!
Thanks Rob, great advice! I am not an average Linux user, when I run into trouble I try to fix the problem and if that doesn't work move on to another distro. Like Solus LTS kernel updating a causing a program to crash.

Anyway, I have already tried out the Fedora Workstation live environment and all my hardware works well. No Wi-Fi problem. So that's great! It works well with my 2013 hardware. I also saw that Fedora has just enough software for my needs, not too much like say Manjaro.

Reactions: Rob

Members online

Latest posts