Failed to load initrd

jawoods141

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys!

Having trouble booting up my Arch install after doing updates. Check the picture.

Some info:

This is on a Parallels Virtual machine on a m1 Macbook Air, so this is the Arm version of Arch.

This issue happened specifically after updating with sudo pacman -Syu

luckily I had a backup that I was able to restore from before I did the update. So I did that and now I have made a 2nd copy of that backup that I am using to try fixing the issue on.

I have google searched this to death and have found nothing useful so now I am trying here.

Have any of you guys seen this before? Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 255

You may need to rebuild the initrd having done the updates so that the new initrd includes the relevant info from those updates. It appears that that may be the issue. If it is, you will need to boot up a live disk, mount and chroot the relevant filesystem and create the new initrd, unmount and then try to boot. If you are not familiar with the process, perhaps search "create initrd from live disk linux", and/or check if the arch wiki has relevant info. Here's one result: https://linoxide.com/fixing-broken-initrd-image-linux/, but you'll likely need to adapt it to arch. Perhaps back up current files so that you don't lose what you've got in case of failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online