F34: Error installing banking security module in Firefox

Rafaelys

Reaction score
Credits
Hello friends

I'm looking for help in thinking about how to solve a specific situation involving installing a security module called Warsaw for the Firefox browser on Fedora. This is designed to give access to internet banking.

On the bank's page, after diagnosing security issues they give some generic download options "for those who use linux" while they only provide a .deb file, actually.

As Fedora uses .rpm, I used Alien to do the conversion (from .deb to .rpm). So I've tried:

Code:
sudo alien -r 'filename.deb' --scripts

And apparently that worked.

However, when running this generated .rpm, it reports that there is a conflict (approximate translation below):

"Could not install warsaw: Error executing transaction: /lib file from [filename] install conflicts with filesystem-3.14-5.fc34.x86_64 package file"

As I doubt that the team at this bank is aware of what this is about, I'll go ahead to the experts in the community ;)

* My uname -a input is:
Linux fedora 5.13.19-200.fc34.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Sep 18 16:32:24 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

EDIT:

If anyone feels like giving it a try, here's the bank's online security page:

https://seg.bb.com.br/outro-sistema.html#en

I don't speak Spanish but this site seems to have Spanish instructions for what you are trying to install.

I don't speak Spanish but this site seems to have Spanish instructions for what you are trying to install.
Thank you for the answer. I had found this same suggestion on a website here but honestly I found it all very strange

https://diagnostico.gasantifraud.com/

I don't understand how to validate whether or not a site is trustworthy, except for the common warning signs (pop-ups, links pointing to something different, etc).

To evaluate an .rpm file that installs a browser extension, I would really feel unreferenced. And it really wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't something involving banking transactions.

In this specific case, I felt that the safest thing would be to install the application provided by the bank itself. That's what this site promises to deliver to linux users, the question is whether the file is trustworthy

Members online