Expirion Linux

• Thread starter Deleted member 108694
  • Start date

Legend, mate!

Very deserved :)

Well maybe in 20 years or so I might get a 1000 per week - :eek: - but by then I will be in my mid 80s

I just released an upgrade to Expirion 11 Devuan which is based on Devuan 4 Chimaera

Well maybe in 20 years or so I might get a 1000 per week - :eek: - but by then I will be in my mid 80s

Hmm... I suppose I could download the OS, try it in a VM, and then write an article about the OS.

The site gets quite a bit of traffic.

I just released an upgrade to Expirion 11 Devuan which is based on Devuan 4 Chimaera
Couldn't see Expirion in the pull-down listing on distrowatch.com.

Searching for Expirion on that site produced this output:
The distribution you requested could not be found in our database. However, we did find potential matches on our waiting list. You can locate additional distributions through our search page.

Waiting list matches:

Expirion Linux (submitted on 2020-11-15)
where "Waiting list" linked to: https://distrowatch.com/new,

and Expirion linked to: https://sourceforge.net/projects/expirion-linux/.

Seems like a long wait period from 2020.

Seems like a long wait period from 2020.

Welcome to Distrowatch. If you pay to play, you can move up in the listing/review queue.

They have tons of distros in their backlog.

Couldn't see Expirion in the pull-down listing on distrowatch.com.
I do not have a forum or an official website which is a requirement for Distrowatch - and I am not paying the $250 just to get moved up on the list - I do this by myself and do not have any corporate backing - so most likely my Expirion Linux will never make the front page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Debian 12.1 was just realeased I have upgraded Expirion to that as well, also upgraded LibreOffice to 7.5.5

Latest Update 01 Sep 2023 - Gnome 43

Expirion 12.1-Gnome is based on Debian 12.1 - Has Debian Kernel 6.1.0-11
This version of Gnome now uses the Nemo File Manager instead of the default Nautilus version, which IMHO, is a better file manager. Also includes LibreOffice 7.6.0 Firefox-ESR 102.15, Thunderbird 102.14, plus several other updates as well
and look for Expirion-12.1-Gnome-230901.iso
GNOME-12.1.png

Members online

Latest posts