Expirion Linux Update

• Thread starter Deleted member 108694
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108694

Expirion Linux based on Buntu has been upgraded
1.png

All the particulars can be found here - https://sourceforge.net/projects/expirion-linux/

I don't think I've played with this one yet.

I've got wget running and will toss it up as a VM sometime this weekend. It's unlikely, as I don't want to start a precedent, but I may bang out a review.

So, what should I be looking for when I boot it? What should stand out? What's going to make me say, "Hmm... I like it."?

It has just come to my attention that the download maybe corrupted think it happened when I uploaded it so I am going to re-upload it again later on tonight to see if it is fixed so you won't be able to download for now - humble apologies for that - but I will let you know when it is good - so I have deleted the files for now do not want anyone grabbing a faulty upload that maybe corrupted

You should post a comment here when you do get it sorted. I'll still give it a shot on a VM this weekend.

Ditto, I'll probably go full install.

Avagudweegend

You should post a comment here when you do get it sorted. I'll still give it a shot on a VM this weekend.
Yes I will post back - it does take me awhile to get it uploaded I live out in the country only have a 3MB DSL line, there is no cable where I live, so it is about a 6 hour process for me. I usually set it up to upload before I go to bed and let it run and pray nothing happens during that time.

No hurry for me your Lordship, got 61 Linux to clean up after (like babies with their diapers, lol).

In your own time

OK it has finished uploading after 5 hours and 23 minutes and the ISO is ready, the green download button is working - thanks for your patience
I will get the USB version uploaded in a day or two hopefully it has built in persistence by the way.

I have wget doing its thing on a remote computer. I'll see if I have time tomorrow. I doubt I'll have time tonight.

Selection_223.png

It's not your fault, but the SF mirrors have been really slow (for me) lately.

View attachment 8198

It's not your fault, but the SF mirrors have been really slow (for me) lately.
They are slow for me as well but I only have a DSL connection which just got upgraded to 6MB as of 10 Jan so I am twice as fast then I was a few days ago - LOL

Random thought: you may want to register Expirion on DistroWatch.

By the way, it took too long to download so I'll get to test it this week.

I got the download done OK at good speeds even here in Oz, but I had install problems which I will document and report back.

That was on the Dell rig which has 62 other Linux to share with, but I will try it first on the Toshiba Satellite which has only 4 on it so far as I restructured recently.

Wiz

I got the download done OK at good speeds even here in Oz, but I had install problems which I will document and report back.

That was on the Dell rig which has 62 other Linux to share with, but I will try it first on the Toshiba Satellite which has only 4 on it so far as I restructured recently.

Wiz
I just reinstalled on my Acer Laptop had no issues, but it is the only OS on it. My thoughts are one machine one OS. The most I ever ran was 4 different OS's at any one time and eventually ended up with issues so that's when I decided one OS on one machine. At most a VM also. I also have a Dell e6410 I test on it installed on that as well with no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
All - it seems I have an installer issue again with my latest update, so I pulled it again for now until I get time to figure out why it fails, seems like some machines it worked and others it won't run from some reports I have received - sorry for that - and humble apologies, but the USB version seems fine - :(

Well I finally got the installer fixed and made some upgrades while at it - Kernel is now 5.10.8

I've got wget hard at work downloading it. I should finally get to test it out. I'm looking forward to it.

Latest posts