Expirion Linux Update

• Thread starter Deleted member 108694
  • Start date
On my agenda for tomorrow. :)

Why is the option to download updates while installing grayed out and not able to be selected?

Usually because you are not online or you did not tell it to connect, if it is not connected it will be greyed out

I have downloaded and installed Expirion from the SourceForge site.
Seems to be working fine in what I have tried.
I have two drives with about 6 distros on each. I HDD and 1 SSD. Here's a screenshot of my desktop right now. Started the download about 1 hour ago. No problem with download or installation.
OG TC

Screenshot_2021-01-20_19-10-48.png

This is an Acer AspireV3-771G laptop I am using.

Usually because you are not online or you did not tell it to connect, if it is not connected it will be greyed out

Dunno - it was connected at the time (I think - I'll double check that). Hmm... I'll dig into it again. Right now, that box is running a benchmark.

I have downloaded and installed Expirion from the SourceForge site.
Seems to be working fine in what I have tried.
I have two drives with about 6 distros on each. I HDD and 1 SSD. Here's a screenshot of my desktop right now. Started the download about 1 hour ago. No problem with download or installation.
OG TC

View attachment 8300

This is an Acer AspireV3-771G laptop I am using.
Glad it went OK for you hope you like it - yep the installer had been "Charlie Foxtrot" for awhile

Last edited by a moderator:
Notch up another Linux under his belt to Charlie, we may have to start calling him "Wizard from Michigan". :)

My plans were delayed by a recalcitrant LXLE, and performing voodoo on a couple more Distros in my stable, but I will be all over it like a rash shortly.

We'll see how it goes sharing with 62 other Distros. :)

Wiz

All
I updated Expirion once again it is now version 3.1 as of 08 Feb 21 - so what is new - Xfce desktop is now 4.16 upgraded from 4.14, VLC is now 3.0.11.1 upgraded from 3.0.9.2, added a few new wallpapers, Kernel is now 5.4.0-65, linux-firmware is now 1.187.9, LibreOffice is 7.1.0, qBittorrent 4.3.3, Mozilla Firefox 85.0.1, Thunderbird 78.7.0 and with the upgrades I decided to make it a point release - as always thanks for your support and continued encouragement
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts