Error while installing Parrot home edition

Adithyansm

Reaction score
Credits
I am getting an error while installing parrot home edition
IMG_20211226_130409.jpg

Maybe you are better off giving away ideas of using Kali and Parrot and just stick to one of the regular mainstream distros.

You can still learn about penetration testing with them.

Wizard

Maybe you are better off giving away ideas of using Kali and Parrot and just stick to one of the regular mainstream distros.

You can still learn about penetration testing with them.

Wizard
But the error should be solved right, if any one other than me getting the same error and come here for help and find this post . And this is parrot home not security edition and the home edition has nothing to do with pentesting .

But the error should be solved right, if any one other than me getting the same error and come here for help and find this post . And this is parrot home not security edition and the home edition has nothing to do with pentesting .
Screenshot from 2021-12-26 04-53-15.png

Worked for me.

ok I am just downloading the home edition, will give it a spin on the laptop see what happens

I have never tried Parrot..
downloaded home edition with Xfce desktop, and it installed to my dell lappy 1st time without error
Screenshot_2021-12-26_12-27-26.png

I used the direct download from the parrot site [not torrent] burnt to usb and did a clean install

Okay ,the error still persist and want an os in the system as soon as possible the system is not that much power full thats why i installed parrot but beacuse of error I have installed Zorin 16 lite ,thank you guys for you answers.

I suspect the error was a corrupt download/burn

EDDIT parrot prefers BTRF file system

here is the report from inxi-P

wizard@wizard-inspiron1545]─[~]
└──╼ $inxi -P
Partition:
ID-1: / size: 50.31 GiB used: 5.98 GiB (11.9%) fs: btrfs dev: /dev/sda1
ID-2: /home size: 50.31 GiB used: 5.98 GiB (11.9%) fs: btrfs
dev: /dev/sda1
ID-3: swap-1 size: 5.59 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda2

I am getting an error while installing parrot home editionView attachment 11278
put a more standard distro on like ubuntu, debian or mint and then try running parrot through a virtual machine. its much better anf headache free that way with kali and parrrot, they are not practical for daily use they make terrible main installs

After playing with parrot HOME edition most of the afternoon, I think it's a keeper for one of my laptops, has everything needed for normal daily use and faster than Mint or Debian stable

Okay ,the error still persist
I still think the error is in your download/USB burn as it works perfectly for me, [or not very common it could be an issue with the USB, we have seen that before]

After playing with parrot HOME edition most of the afternoon, I think it's a keeper for one of my laptops, has everything needed for normal daily use and faster than Mint or Debian stable
wow faster than mint or debian stable , thats impressive

Members online