Error while installation

Sashi

Reaction score
Credits
Hi I am facing a problem while installation Kali Linux has dual boot in my win 10 Lenovo IdeaPad 130 , some error in step configure network it shows DHCP error and I can't connect my wifi and it only shows DHCP not shows wpa please help me with this.

Hey there @Sashi - have you tried other distributions on this hardware? How'd they do? Kali has some networking disabled from the get-go..

And i'll come out and say to please take a look at the readme for this forum.

Rob

I have installed Kali Linux 2020.b using Ethernet in my win 10 as dual boot but I can't see wifi options there and even I tried out all possible steps available in YouTube like compat wireless it shows Bluetooth and wifi not doesn't show the available networks if I reboot it retains the old state like only the Ethernet connection is available please help me with this..

I have installed Kali Linux 2020.b using Ethernet in my win 10 as dual boot but I can't see wifi options there and even I tried out all possible steps available in YouTube like compat wireless it shows Bluetooth and wifi not doesn't show the available networks if I reboot it retains the old state like only the Ethernet connection is available please help me with this..
Try installing the dhcpcd package. Open a terminal and type
Code:
apt install dhcpcd5
hit enter and wait for the install process to be finished, once installed type
Code:
dhcpcd
hit enter and that should do it.
NOTE: If you're not root then use the
Code:
sudo
command before any of that, i.e
Code:
sudo apt install dhcpcd5

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for your reply , I tried this but I didn't get available networks I will attach the output below please help me with this.

Attachments

• 15882139249024666684555169776009.jpg
    15882139249024666684555169776009.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 444
Thanks for your reply , I tried this but I didn't get available networks I will attach the output below please help me with this.
Did you try connecting to wifi and it didn't work? Open a terminal and type
Code:
ip link
hit enter, in the output, look for a line where it reads STATE and tell us whether it says UP or DOWN Also, I think you could take a screenshot from the systm, using some tool like ksnip or flameshot, in fact, I think Kali ships with one of those, can't remember just now. Cause honestly, those pics taken with a phone ... know what I mean?

I tried out but I ended up with this out and even I attached my wireless driver details .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-30_09-52-03.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-30_09-52-03.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 408

Staff online