Error while install in kali linux on main pc !!!!

Pavak Tiwari

Reaction score
Credits
Hi..this is Pavak Tiwari i have facing a problem while installing kali linux,
The error is :-
" GNU GRUB VERSION 2.04-20kali
minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word. TAB list possible command compleetions. Anywhere else tab lists possible device or file completions

grub>"

Please help me out i'd appreciate it
Thank You !

What experience do you have with Linux?
Kali is so constructed that until you have experienced in the way Linux distributions work, and are fully conversant with the terminal and the command codes, you will struggle to install it, their philosophy is If you cannot install the operating system without assistance, then you are not ready to install and use it, The members of the Kali distribution forum, will not even answer basic installation questions

@Pavak so you gone straight for the deep end of the Linux Swimming pool .

So what out put does: " ls " without the quotes give typed at the grub>

Moved to the Kali sub-forum.

To echo the rest, if you're new to Linux you should not be trying Kali - it will not end well. No, you're no exception. It will end poorly.

yep lookes like he drowned
Let's guide him on the right way :)

@Pavak Tiwari Use a mainstream Linux distro like Mint, MX Linux, Zorin, You can install kali tools in any distro
If you want all the tools built into the repro of the Linux you can try Parrot os It has all the kali tools in its repro so you can install it with ease and Parrot uses a more user-friendly Calamares installer.

After having basic knowledge about Linux just spin up a VM and install Kali in a VM

Wishing you a good journey ahead in the world of Linux

I am a new Linux user
I installed Kali Linux as the primary operating system.
The problem is, users are asking for names and passwords
I don't understand whether to give username and password
Would you help?

I am a new Linux user
Would you help?
Users have to have a user name and a password.
How many users did you set up on the computer you
installed kali linux on, it only one user / the user that
installed kali linux is all you set up, then that user name
and the password for it will be requited to log on to the system.

Kali is not really for a computer where multiple of users will
log on and have their own account and password, other flavours
of linux would be more suitable, Kali has tools for testing network penetration, scanning networks and such activities, and its not always that easy to set up for people new to Linux, I have no experience with it as am not interested in investing the time to learn and conquer it, for it does not suit my needs.

Post again in regard to what your trying to do with kali linux,
is it already installed, and have you set up user accounts for
other people to log on the this kali linux computer directly, or
over a network.

@asif015

Please don't add your problem on somebody else's thread. Please start your own thread.

Ok I see you have kali installed.

If you want other people to use this kali computer,
then you will have to add them as users, give them
a user name and a password, write down the username
and password and give it to the person so they can log in.

Users have to have a user name and a password.
How many users did you set up on the computer you
installed kali linux on, it only one user / the user that
installed kali linux is all you set up, then that user name
and the password for it will be requited to log on to the system.

Kali is not really for a computer where multiple of users will
log on and have their own account and password, other flavours
of linux would be more suitable, Kali has tools for testing network penetration, scanning networks and such activities, and its not always that easy to set up for people new to Linux, I have no experience with it as am not interested in investing the time to learn and conquer it, for it does not suit my needs.

Post again in regard to what your trying to do with kali linux,
is it already installed, and have you set up user accounts for
other people to log on the this kali linux computer directly, or
over a network.
I set it up, but I can't get in the window

I will just repeat what I said to the original poster

What experience do you have with Linux?
Kali is so constructed that until you have experienced in the way Linux distributions work, and are fully conversant with the terminal and the command codes, you will struggle to install it, their philosophy is If you cannot install the operating system without assistance, then you are not ready to install and use it, The members of the Kali distribution forum, will not even answer basic installation question

I am a new Linux user
Would you help?
You shouldn't be using Kali if you are new to Linux, try Linux Mint or Ubuntu instead first.

When I first used Kali I found the install not that hard (also used a live boot) and that was when I was new to Linux just trying out new distros. I might try installing Kali and see if that was just me getting beginners luck or if I just don't know what I am talking about.

They have to change logo, dragons are too cool
I would agree - most install it especially the new user because it does look cool - not realizing it is not for beginners but for professional IT Penetration Testing - then wonder why they cannot get it to work - maybe they watched to much Mr. Robot

I would start with a more user friendly Linux like Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Linux Lite and first get the basics down first learn the command line then move to something more complicated yes it will take a while to learn - as the saying goes "give a man a fish he eats for the day, teach the man how to fish he can eat for life"

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online