Error initiating Ubuntu

jotapeter

Reaction score
Credits
Hello there,

After trying to install some dependencies, the following error is ocurring on UBUNTU (recent version)

error-ubuntu.jpg

The full error message in red color is:
Failed to start default target: Transaction for graphical.target is destructive (emergency.target has 'start' job queued, but 'stop' is included in transaction)

How can I fix it?

Thanks!

G'day jotapeter, Welcome to Linux.org

After trying to install some dependencies
What dependencies are you trying to install?....for what purpose?

Did you by any chance set up a timeshift snap shot. If so just revert to the last snapshot that worked.

Hello there,

After trying to install some dependencies, the following error is ocurring on UBUNTU (recent version)

View attachment 11428

The full error message in red color is:
Failed to start default target: Transaction for graphical.target is destructive (emergency.target has 'start' job queued, but 'stop' is included in transaction)

How can I fix it?

Thanks!
I got very same problem bro.
Did you fix it?

Welcome to the forums, are you setting up or have a dual boot system? if so try this

What dependencies did you try to install?
Seems to me your /boot partition is corrupted, or maybe hdd is dying. Have you tried rerunning sudo update-grub?

What dependencies did you try to install?
Seems to me your /boot partition is corrupted, or maybe hdd is dying. Have you tried rerunning sudo update-grub?
Have you tried fsck /dev/diskname ?

Whatever dependencies you were trying to install, btw have to be installed in the exact order in which they are needed.

Members online