Erradic Cursor Movement

J

jakmak52

HP Pavillion Model# LOP91VA#ABA Beatsaudio
Linux Mint 17.1 (Qianna) Cinnamon

Try adjusting the mouse sensitivity in system settings.

Still having problems. The wallpaper came from wallpaperwides website.

Still having problems. The wallpaper came from wallpaperwides website.
Thanks for letting me know!.... :) SUCH a cool Wallpaper....... :3 Anywho..... Do you have a Mouse.....? If so, plug it in, and see if you still have the same problems..... TBH, this sounds somewhat like my Chromebook, which runs Chrubuntu, a version of Ubuntu VERY similar to the default one, only, it's made to run on, well, Chromebooks..... :D Anywho, the Touchpad would go crazy, both in ChromeOS (Linux), and Chrubuntu (also Linux)..... :) But, it wouldn't always do this, however..... :) But here.... I got this:

From http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1388164&p=8816327#post8816327

"
February 12th, 2010 #6
Sabot
user-offline.png
Just Give Me the Beans!
rank_3.png

Beans
Re: HP Mini 210 touchpad right click not working
To get the trackpad working correctly you need to use the terminal and enter in the below commands. Make sure you press enter after each command:

Code:
sudo su
Code:
echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
Code:
reboot

Once the computer reboots your trackpad will be able to do left click and drag and right clicking.
Last edited by Sabot; February 12th, 2010 at 08:09 PM.​
"

Also:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1600221

I know this doesn't cover your particular Model, but what I've found is that Laptops can sometimes be so similar in Hardware design, that things that fix something on one Laptop, will most likely fix things on another one....... :) Anywho, let me know what happens after you run those Terminal Commands!..... :) (P.S., you might already know this, but to open a Terminal, press CTRL + ALT + T, and if that doesn't work, go to your Applications Menu, and I THINK it's under "System Tools" or something..... :)) Have a good day, good sir!..... ^^ :3

I've resolved the problem by replacing my laptop I previously owned. I had a HP Pavillion 17.3 w/Intel CPU & 4 RAM. The one giving me problems was a HP Pavillion Beatsaudio ? w/ AMD A8 & 8 RAM and everything is great. I'm guessing it's was the AMD processor. I may be wrong about that, but it sure seems that way.

Thanks for the info, hope you enjoy the wallpaper!!

Jack

I've resolved the problem by replacing my laptop I previously owned. I had a HP Pavillion 17.3 w/Intel CPU & 4 RAM. The one giving me problems was a HP Pavillion Beatsaudio ? w/ AMD A8 & 8 RAM and everything is great. I'm guessing it's was the AMD processor. I may be wrong about that, but it sure seems that way.

Thanks for the info, hope you enjoy the wallpaper!!

Jack
The processor on a PC has barely anything to do with mouse movement. Your newer laptop probably has a better trackpad.

Members online

Latest posts