Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

Erradic Cursor Movement

Discussion in 'Laptops / Netbooks' started by jakmak52, Nov 7, 2015.

1. jakmak52

jakmak52 Guest

HP Pavillion Model# LOP91VA#ABA Beatsaudio
    Linux Mint 17.1 (Qianna) Cinnamon

2. ryanvade

ryanvade Guest

Try adjusting the mouse sensitivity in system settings.

3. jakmak52

jakmak52 Guest

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

4. blackneos940

blackneos940 Guest

Well, how did it go.....? :3 Also, where did you get that Wallpaper.....? :)

5. jakmak52

jakmak52 Guest

Still having problems. The wallpaper came from wallpaperwides website.

6. blackneos940

blackneos940 Guest

Thanks for letting me know!.... :) SUCH a cool Wallpaper....... :3 Anywho..... Do you have a Mouse.....? If so, plug it in, and see if you still have the same problems..... TBH, this sounds somewhat like my Chromebook, which runs Chrubuntu, a version of Ubuntu VERY similar to the default one, only, it's made to run on, well, Chromebooks..... :D Anywho, the Touchpad would go crazy, both in ChromeOS (Linux), and Chrubuntu (also Linux)..... :) But, it wouldn't always do this, however..... :) But here.... I got this:

From http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1388164&p=8816327#post8816327

"
    February 12th, 2010 #6
    Sabot
    [​IMG] Just Give Me the Beans! [​IMG]

Beans
    Re: HP Mini 210 touchpad right click not working
    To get the trackpad working correctly you need to use the terminal and enter in the below commands. Make sure you press enter after each command:

Code:
    sudo su
    Code:
    echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
    Code:
    reboot

Once the computer reboots your trackpad will be able to do left click and drag and right clicking.
    Last edited by Sabot; February 12th, 2010 at 08:09 PM.​
    "

Also:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1600221

I know this doesn't cover your particular Model, but what I've found is that Laptops can sometimes be so similar in Hardware design, that things that fix something on one Laptop, will most likely fix things on another one....... :) Anywho, let me know what happens after you run those Terminal Commands!..... :) (P.S., you might already know this, but to open a Terminal, press CTRL + ALT + T, and if that doesn't work, go to your Applications Menu, and I THINK it's under "System Tools" or something..... :)) Have a good day, good sir!..... ^^ :3

7. jakmak52

jakmak52 Guest

I've resolved the problem by replacing my laptop I previously owned. I had a HP Pavillion 17.3 w/Intel CPU & 4 RAM. The one giving me problems was a HP Pavillion Beatsaudio ? w/ AMD A8 & 8 RAM and everything is great. I'm guessing it's was the AMD processor. I may be wrong about that, but it sure seems that way.

Thanks for the info, hope you enjoy the wallpaper!!

Jack

8. jerz4lunch

jerz4lunch Guest

The processor on a PC has barely anything to do with mouse movement. Your newer laptop probably has a better trackpad.